Ask
    nayenaye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 02:37 PM
    A full moon is the last of the moons four phases
    A full moon is the last of the moons four phases
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 02:48 PM

You are making a statement, not asking a question. Can you phrase differently so you are asking a question of us, otherwise we don't know how to respond.

Tick
    nayenaye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Is it true or false
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2011, 06:39 PM

I guess it is who wrote the phases.
    New moon could be first phase, or it could be the last phase.
    Chicken or the egg?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 07:02 AM

The full moon is neither the first nor last phase. The generally accepted phases are: new moon, 1st quarter, full moon, 3rd quarter (also called last quarter), then new moon again, etc.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2011, 03:38 AM
    The full moon is a phase of the moon experienced each month as it is on this night 19 March, it is neither first nor last. It has significance only because people have given it religious significance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full moon and labor [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question for all my medical friends here, and anyone else interested... Anyone know if the old wives tale is true and there is a correlation b/w the moon and labor? Just curious... there is one coming up on the 23rd and I thought it would be a fun question to throw out there... I have...

Full moon [ 8 Answers ]

What is it called when you can see the sun setting and the full moon rising at the time?

Phases of the moon [ 8 Answers ]

I have been puzzled for years about the visible shape of the moon as it goes through its various phases. Specifically, when we see the moon in what I'll call 'a quarter moon' state, the visible part is always crescent shaped and continues to be that way as more and more of the moon becomes...

Full Moon Effect [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know if this belongs under folklore or astronomy LOL so please bear with me. I know I have heard that Emergency Rooms experience a measurable upsurge around a full moon. My office seems to get a lot more than the usual weirdness then too. I am wondering do other people or businesses feel...

Moon phases [ 2 Answers ]

I always thought the different 'phases' of the moon was caused by the earth's shadow on it. This made sense when looking at the 1st quarter, but as the moon 'gets bigger' the visible part is no longer crecent shaped. Where am I going wrong in my thinking? [email protected]

View more questions Search