Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucylu224u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 12:31 PM
    My soon to be husband...
    My future husband and I had a fight about this woman that he works with over the fact that she texts/calls a lot. (He is 25 and she is 45). She knows about me and she is just a very friendly person - - she messages me on Facebook a lot about getting together. He says that they just have FRIENDS and that she is old enough to be his mom. He asked me if I wanted him to stop talking to her and I said no, that that was OK. Since this has happened their conversations have dwindled down almost to nothing. Well yesterday I saw he text her " I came to see you at your department but you weren't there" with a sad face icon.
    Do I bring this up to him or just let it go?
    chiefgreenskies Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2011, 12:43 PM
    I'd say if your getting married, then you should be able to talk about everything... air out all the laundry... good luck
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 4, 2011, 12:47 PM

Do you want him to stop communications with this woman or not? He asked you this question and you said "no", but it seems like you truly meant "yes".

You need to decide what you want and then speak with him about it. It seems (from what I read) that he wants to be accommodating.

Why were you looking through his texts? If you are about to marry him, make sure you trust him. I'm not implying HE is untrustworthy, but that you might have trust issues. Searching someone else's phone is a bit extreme.
    lucylu224u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 01:00 PM
    If you were the other woman...
    Put yourself in these shoes. Let's say you're 45, interested in a coworker who is 25 and engaged.
    1. Would you try to become friends with the fiancé?
    2. If you were asked by him to prove he wasn't cheating, would you lie for him?
    3. Would you allow your relationship with him to be strictly at work only?
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

Mar 4, 2011, 02:01 PM

1. What would be the interest in a person 20 years younger?
    2. No harm in being friendly
    3. If you're not friends nor talking why would you have to prove he wasn't cheating.. so why would you lie if you don't converse
    4. And damn right. The guys engaged. Leave him alone.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...nd-559628.html

That information may have been a little more helpful.. but if you're asking 'as' the other woman.. my answers stand.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 02:13 PM

I'm assuming you and the 25 year old are engaged, and your fiancé has a coworker who is 45 and is interested in your fiancé.

Trust your fiancé. If he hasn't given you reasons to doubt him, don't. It'll drive you insane and in the end, start fights between the two of you.

Talk to your fiancé. Tell him how you truly, GENUINELY feel. If you're worried about it, tell him. If you feel slighted, tell him. If you feel doubts for him, be honest and tell him. Don't accuse, just simply and calmly let him know how you feel.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 06:56 PM
    I agree. Communicate.

But, its up to him to nix this. If I were him, I wouldn't want my bride to be stressed out about that.

Sometimes guys can be dumb or lax.

Working with her is one thing, after hours is another.

Hes in control of this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have been with my husband for 15 years and married 11. We were 19 when we got married and have a 5 year old son... This last year he turned 30 and since then everything has been rough. His company he was working for closed their doors and then his grades dropped in college and he has been...

H1B Husband, Husband and Wife overseas, LayOff [ 9 Answers ]

I was on a H1B visa and working in the US sine June 2007. The company that I was working for downsized and I was laid off from there on 31st Oct 2008. Subsequently since I was unable to find employment I decided to move back home at the end of November. I got married in Dec 2008. By that time my...

Is a good husband or bad husband [ 3 Answers ]

My father cheat on my mom with the same woman that try to kill my mom 4 year ago. It's a very long story. 4 year ago my dad meet this woman but I don't know how they meet. My mom saw my dad with this woman in bed together so at that time. This woman put a spell on my mom and my dad but the...

Ex husband was new husband to adopt his children [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently married with a child. However I was married once before and have two children with that marriage. The marriage ended due to her extra martial affairs, the children were very young, four and five. They are now 11 and 12. I pay child support and provide insurance for the children....

View more questions Search