Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sayma242 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 02:46 AM
    Is it Haram to work in bank ?
    Assalamualaikum. I want to ask that is it haram to do a job in Bank sector? Because the banks are based on interest business. And taking interest is Haram. And to help anyone in any haram work is also haram. So, is it haram to work in bank? Or Allah will forgive us as we are not directly related to taking interest. Please clear this to me that can I do any job in any non-islamic bank?
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Absolutely no way you can work in a bank like that unless you`re just cleaning the floor, and even then it`s questionable. Haven`t you heard the Messenger of Allaah has cursed whoever takes interest, gives interest, wittnesses a contract of interest and who writes it down. And haven`t you read Allaahs Words that He Himself has declared war against those who don`t leave ribaa after He has made it clear to them it`s Haraam, but that for what is past then they can keep, and there is no sin upon them due to it. So you know it`s Haraam to be involved with Haraam, and still you ask? If you have children, you`d be feeding them with Fire when you buy to them food with money you earned like that, as is signified by the Hadiith that "The flesh nourished by Haraam, then The Fire is a more likely friend of it.", or the like of that he -sAaws- said. And Allaah knows best.
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    Please fear Allaah, and leave it for His sake, and you are sure to find true the promise of Allaahs Messenger -sAaws- when he -sAaws- said that "Whoever leaves something for the sake of Allaah, then Allaah will give them better than it.", or the like of what he said -sAaws. And Allaah knows best, and He is At-Tawwaab, Ar-RaHiim. Wa àleikunus-Salaamu wa raHmatullaah.
    Sayma242 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2011, 10:25 PM
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    abdus_sami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 03:31 AM
    Assalamu alaikum . My name is abdus sami , am working in a company in bangalore, in that I got job in citi bank process related to U.S.A. We're handling issues of customer or account holders through emails which is related to bank. Can I do the job or shal I quit... pls answer as soon as possible.. Monday is mine joining day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is masturbation haram [ 2 Answers ]

Assalaamu alaikkum... is mastrubation haram?? even without thinking anything bad if we mastrubate,is it haram.. if we feel like doing it,then what is a solution for it.

IS the Bank Job is Haram? [ 1 Answers ]

Is the all kind of bank job Haram?

Bank job as an accountant is haram or halal [ 1 Answers ]

As a sunni muslim is bank job halal?

How does a creditor/lawyer find out where you bank and where you work? [ 6 Answers ]

How would a creditor/lawyer find out where you bank or work? I have since changed banks and jobs since I've had a voluntary repo-August 2002. (I know, silly of me to think I didn't owe the remainder of the payments.) In December, I filed a motion/order to show cause to vacate the judgment due to...

Can I still work in bank? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi goodmorning guys, I am new here but I have one question. Can I still work I an hsbc call center company even if I have past due accounts in other banks like loan? I'm here in philippines, hope I can hear a response you guys as soon as possible. Thank you and God Bless

View more questions Search