Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Dark09 Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Mar 3, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Is it strange that I'm a guy and I like Twilight?
    Hey, um this is weird but I'm a guy. And I am a fan of the Twilight series by Stephine Myers. And I know most girls are because I've never actually seen a male fan of Twilight before. Because when I went see Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse with some of my girl best friends I'm the only guy in the theater and it felt strange.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 09:41 PM

I know several 16 y/o guys who like the series and are trying to write their own similar stories or even books. Probably the guys your age are too scared to come out and admit they like the story. Bravo to you for having the courage!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 10:15 PM

It's very much like a 16 year old boy who will never admit that they used to like Backstreet boys or N'sync. To be quite honest, they had some catchy songs.

Guys those at that age think it might be feminine or in their words, "gay" to like something like Twilight. It's all about showing off their masculinity and dominance.

Honestly, I've never read Twilight, but if the book is a decent book to read, or if the movies are a good movie to watch, then by all means, who cares?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 12:11 AM

I had another thought: who will be the only guy in the theater or or the only guy seen chatting about the Twilight series with all those very cute girls?

Do you think my younger son took Home Ec classes in high school because he wanted to learn how to cook or because he is gay? Nope! He had a much more subtle motive.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 12:29 AM

True. I went to go to see Twilight with my girlfriend.

Mar 5, 2011, 11:15 AM
    So I shouldn't worry about it then?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 11:24 AM

No!! Don't worry about it. You have the best of all worlds -- fun writing to read, a fantastic story, and cute chicks to enjoy the books with. Any guy who disses you is envious of you.

Apr 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
    I have a picture of the vampire Rosalie as my computer background. Couple people laughed at me and calling me a homo, but I ain't a homo. So I just ignored them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 09:33 PM

Twilight is a chick magnet.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 09:39 PM

I'm going to admit something, and before I do, I have to tell you that the books I normally read are nothing fluffy, nothing teenage, and usually a lot more in depth. But, I hate to admit it, I don't mind Twilight. I even like the movies.

You have nothing to be ashamed of. The people that call you names are just insecure. You aren't. You aren't afraid to like what you like. You don't follow everyone else just to be cool. I think that's the coolest thing ever.

Good for you for being yourself. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

By the way, can't wait for the next film to come out. :)

Apr 21, 2011, 05:26 PM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Twilight Zone? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the twilight zone? I'm just curious because we are talking about it at my school. I'm kind of confuse on what it is. Everyone keeps telling me it's a TV show and I keep telling them I know that but I want to know what it means and what it is and if it's a real place. Thank you if you do...

New guy acting strange [ 5 Answers ]

So I met this guy through a mutual friend about a month ago. We hit it off well, and he was calling and texting me quite often - I was surprised actually by how frequently. He just went through a divorce, and has a 1.5 year old son - he's 2 years older than me. Loves to work on his house. ...

Twilight [ 3 Answers ]

Will altitude has an effect on , Astronomical , Nautical and Civil Twilight Thannk you.

View more questions Search