Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RicoEdwards Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Hw does a chemical change differ from a physical change?
    Don't feel bad... I have a Yamaha 12 string. It's a "FG-410-12" When I enter my serial number it tells me it was made from 1988 until 1998. However I bought mine brand new and still have the receipt for it dated 1973 so their system leaves a lot to be desired. Every ten years they start the numbering system all ove again. Unless you have the org. receipt there may be no way of telling for sure... Good Luck
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 07:13 PM

Hw does a chemical change differ from a physical change? - Google Search

This sounds like a homework question. So here's a link to get you started. Do a little reading, and if you're still not sure, post back what you think the difference might be and we'll help you from there.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

May 3, 2011, 10:16 AM

A chemical change is when the colour changes or a gas is given off, something that indicates a substance's chemical properties (what it reacts with, how, how many electrons it has, the atomic structure etc) - and in some instances it's name - has changed.

A physical change... well the only way I could describe it is like breaking a china plate. The thing has changed, its broken now, but the material the plate is composed of is the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lab report The enthalpy change of a chemical reaction [ 2 Answers ]

The enthalpy change of a chemical reaction I found the mass of the empty calorimeter to be: 11.600g, Initial temp in the calorimeter was: 21.00 degrees celcuis, max. temp in the calorimeter from the reaction was: 29.27 degrees celcuis. I can't calculate delta T as Tmaximun-Tinitial

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit? [ 1 Answers ]

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit?

Chemical reactions that change physical properties of reactants. [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of a chemical reaction whereby the initial volume of the reactants conmbined is reduced after the reaction.

View more questions Search