Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sue1987 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 07:37 AM
    Thank you both for your answers. I don't fully agree with all that you wrote but it has helped me realize how I feel about the whole thing.

@Bluerose- Thanks for your honesty in saying that you feel he lied to avoid hurting my feelings and he may well have done so... but I don't think it's fair to imply that I am in the 'hangers on' group. Yes I've not moved on fully but it is hard when you get completely mixed messages that are extremely hot and cold. Right now he may have lied and completely moved on, I realise that,. or he may still have feelings for me. I don't think I'm in denial thinking the second option is a possibility after him saying 'he's always liked me', 'always wanted us to date' and 'wasn't ready for it to happen... now'... and telling our mutual friends that he was upset because 'he messed up something great.'

That was not the point of me asking this question - knowing his personality he will be awkward whether he 'lied to get out' or if he does have feelings... that's just the way he is. So, I asked this question to ask how would be the best way to get over the awkwardness and be comfortable in each other's company. That's why I asked if I should acknowledge it and say 'we're cool' or whatever to lighten the atmosphere... but by your answers I see that there is no need - being confident and normal and happy in front of him should do the trick anyway.

@talaniman - I have a large social circle and have had no problems having a social life that doesn't involve him. But, he lives with 3 close friends of mine from school - and I don't want to just cut them out of my life over something as silly as this. So, in that sense I can not just exclude myself from seeing him. I also don't feel that I should hide away from him - if anything I think that seeing him and being outgoing and friendly would be a better way of knowing where I stand. Seeing that he clearly sees it as completely over would mean I could too. But, you are right that a small intimate setting would have been too awkward for both of us and so I didn't go - I will wait until they have a party in their house or we go out with a large group in the city centre because then I can be friendly but not have to talk to him or be close to him all night.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2011, 06:39 PM

sue1987,

I simply read your post and give you my opinion and my impression of your situation from that post. If I missed the mark I apologise. I hope you find the answers you seek.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2011, 08:42 PM

Hey look if you want to hang around and see if he will change his mind, that's up to you. Good luck with that.

Apr 19, 2011, 02:13 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    I'm pretty sure you still don't get me. As I said before, I'm not hanging around simply in the hopes that he'll change his mind. If he doesn't change his mind, I still want to be mature about this and be able to see him as an acquaintance and be comfortable in his company. No point going on about it though - I do still appreciate your contribution, thanks.

Apr 20, 2011, 08:13 AM
    He called me last night out of the blue! Said he kept encouraging his housemates to organise things for me to come to so we could talk but I kept not going so he didn't get a chance.

He misses me and realises he over reacted about his ex. They have been emailing and have sorted it out. She has a new boyfriend and has moved on and is happy for him to see whoever he likes... he realises he was overanalysing and making a big deal over nothing.

We chatted for a while and agreed to meet later in the week. I'm reluctant to start dating him straight away after all the confusion but I'm going to hear him out and may give him a chance. Hopefully won't need to use this for a while now. Thanks again x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why the sudden change? [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a LDR until recently. He would call once/twice in a week besides texting almost daily until a few weeks ago he just stops completely. The only time he text is after I texted him but he stop calling.His reasons being it's too expensive and he was too busy. He's in London and I'm in Asia. ...

Sudden change [ 4 Answers ]

Well 2 months past on Saturday me and my girlfriend would been going out for 2 months... we kind of fell out Friday night and I stormed off in a huff over something so stupid... come Saturday morning she starts texting agreesively and hinting so I cut her from beating around the bush and asked her...

Sudden change [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I started seeing my boyfriend in November and things have been going on well until February. I was really scared about going into the relationship because we are in different states and I've never been in a long distance relationship before. He assured me we would cope and he came to see me a...

Sudden change [ 4 Answers ]

In jan my relationship seemed almost perfect. I'd been living with my partner for almost a year, he had asked me to marry him and I had been over the moon. We got engaged and had a huge party which is something I would never have done if I wasn't 110% I was going to marry him. We talked about...

A sudden change.. . [ 24 Answers ]

The other night, my girlfriend of two years told me that she wanted to have a break. Now I have never had to deal with this so I am not quite sure what this means. She said she didn't love me anymore the way she did for so long and needed time to figure things out. However she did say she still...

View more questions Search