Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koolcat199 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 06:29 PM
    Why he ignores me after an argument
    Every time my boyfriend and I get into an argument he ignores me for long periods.
    Like he cannot talk about things he just ignores me then thinks things are supposed to go right back the way they were without talking about the problem. I don't know what to do. I love this man and feel in my heart he is my soul mate but when we argue I want to talk about it at some point and he wants to just ignore me. This time he has ignored me almost a month over something stupid maybe he just doesn't love me
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 06:36 PM

I'd hate to say it, but it's sometimes what "guys do." I'm guilty of this. I wouldn't say that I do it for days/months at a time, but for a few hours. I do it because I don't want to say things I regret when I'm upset, or because when I can go away for a few hours, I can relax, calm down, and think about it logically.

A month, however, is a bit too long. You should definitely sit down and talk about this with him, and how it makes you feel... calmly
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 5, 2011, 05:10 PM

Maybe he sees no point into having silly arguments over stupid things. Why do you take him back if it bothers you?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2011, 01:23 AM

If he has ignored you for almost a month, I suggest you take ignoring to a new level and ignore HIM forever.

Why be in a relationship with a sulking child?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 01:36 AM

Some people, men and women included just don't know how to argue and/or deal with an argument, so they do the thing they have always done, because they don't know any other way of doing it.

Try talking about the way you argue and why you argue when things settle down.

A month is along time to be in a huff over an argument, if he has not calmed down and ready to talk by then id set him free, that is head wreaking behaviour.

If your willling to make one last ditch attempt, then you need to talk.
    Silence although a useful weapon is SO overrated after a month.

Unless of course it's a breakup and he just has forgotten to tell you that part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My (ex)bestfriend has started an argument over nothing? [ 19 Answers ]

Well I'm 13 and I had a best friend and we actual kind of done everything together like: hanging about, checking out boys, chatting about personal problems, mending each others hearts and just basic girly best friend types or things. Then one day I seen a boy and I just was like really attracted to...

Revenge of The Sith argument. [ 4 Answers ]

HELP!!! Settle an argument for me. My friend and I are bickering back and forth about a scene in the movie Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. It is the scene where Mace Windu and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (aka Darth Siddeous, aka The Emperor,) are fighting. You remember the scene....

Another stressfull argument [ 1 Answers ]

Well to those that read my first and answered my first question, I was in town today and my sister calls me told tell me that she saw my babysmomma with her ex boyfriend hugging at a festival. She said that they all went as friends and that she had her arm wrapped around his trying to get his...

Another stressfull argument [ 1 Answers ]

Well to those that read my first and answered my first question, I was in town today and my sister calls me told tell me that she saw my babysmomma with her ex boyfriend hugging at a festival. She said that they all went as friends and that she had her arm wrapped around his trying to get his...

View more questions Search