Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _highlyworried Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Is there a risk it could get me pregnant?
    I've been put on this pill (Microgynon 30ED) for medical reasons, but recently me and my boyfriend have started having sexual intercouse. I've been on the pill for over 2 years now, and I've always known for it to be good contraception. We always use a condom, but recently we've been told that it feels so much better with out one. We haven't tried it yet, because at the moment I'm on my pierod. I've already thought about when seems the best time to do it, (about a week in from taking my pill again) because then I should have full support from the pill. But can the pill not function and do it's job properly if I don't take it the same time each day. I usually take it before I go to sleep, which varies from 11pm - 2am. I'm really scared that this will mess up the pattern of the pill, and won't give me the percentage of protection I need to not get pregnant. Oh and when we do have this unprotected sex, he will ejaculate in me.. so I'm not sure what to think. I am quite a worrier and I'm panicing already and we haven't even done it yet. Am I safe? Will I get pregnant? Help!

Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 05:36 PM

You are correct to worry and panic. I would not bet the farm (think I'm safe) while using only one form of birth control. Do you want to be called Mommy in nine months?

And the only safe sex is no sex.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 05:41 PM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wondergirl again.

Unless you both want a baby, this is a bad idea. Like wondergirl said, the only 100% effective way to avoid pregnancy is abstinence. Failing to use condoms not only increases your chances of pregnancy, but also your chances of stds. Even when using the pill plus condoms, there is still always going to be some chance of pregnancy.

How old are you anyway? And where are you getting the advice not to use a condom?

Mar 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
    Thank you for taking your time to answer, much appreciated. I've only been with my boyfriend for a couple months, but I have his full trust with anything we do. Even if he doesn't ejaculate in me, his pre *** could get me pregnant too. I am so worried, the only reason we're not going to use a condom is because we're trying it in the bath. I've also heard that we could get stuck together from the suction and trapped air, is this true? Or just a myth?

Mar 3, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Im 17. And a lot of friends are saying that it feels so much better without a condom. I'm hoping to get the implant soon, but until then I'm still on the pill. We were told we won't be able to have sex under water with a condom on, it will only come off. What else can we do? We want to try this so badly..

Mar 3, 2011, 05:47 PM
    Oh by the way I do have rep on here, just I've forgotton what my account was /: so had to make a new one!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 06:02 PM

Guide to Birth Control and Water Sex – Safe Sex Under Water - Condom Use in Pools and Hot Tubs

This has a lot of information you should read before you do this incredibly stupid act.

You're not only looking at increasing your chances of pregnancy, but also your chances of infections.

I'm just going to be blunt-you're friends are stupid. You shouldn't be having unprotected sex and unless your friends are all married and ready for children neither should they. This is how stds and unplanned pregnancies happen. People doing stupid stuff like this. You're 17! Do you really want a kid right now? Are you really prepared to deal with the consequences of sex? The risks of stds and infections? Do you understand that some stds have no cure? Like aids. Or herpes. Or genital warts. Or that some stds can permanently damage your reproductive system?
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 3, 2011, 06:05 PM

It just doesn't sound like a good idea all around. Even if you trust your boyfriend 100%, do either of you want to be parents? Your question ends with "will I get pregnant?" None of us are fortune tellers--however, all of us know that sex can lead to pregnancy no matter how careful you are. So if you are this scared, just don't gamble on it.

Once you are old enough to think about the possibility of getting pregnant and it not scaring you, then experiment with sex all you want. Until then, enjoy being young by being safe.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by _highlyworried View Post
    the only reason we're not going to use a condom is because we're trying it in the bath.
    Yah, that's the only reason. WHAT?. why try, "because I don't want to get pregnant?"

Quote Originally Posted by _highlyworried View Post
    I've also heard that we could get stuck together from the suction and trapped air, is this true? Or just a myth?
    ... again. HUH?! Having sex underwater is a bad idea for OTHER reasons... not because of the whirlpool effect.

... how about this, for a change? If the reasoning above is really YOUR logical way of thinking, don't have sex. Really. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's really better overall.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 07:59 PM

Yes, your friends have no idea, if it feels better to drive 110 down the highway and the odds are you won't get caught will you do it ?

Birth control pills are not 100 percent, condoms are not 100 percent. Birth control pills don't protect from any STD

So if you stop using condoms you greatly increase the risk.
    There are women who get pregnant even using condoms and pills, so you can get pregnant doing what you are now doing. So when you stop part of that protection you increase the chances.

Also yes him "pulling out" only reduces, it does not do away with the risk at all.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2011, 04:38 AM

It is always best to take the pill the same time each day. If it helps, set your mobile alarm to remind you. Find a time that you can take it more regularly. As the others have said, using a condom, along with the pill, decreases the odds of pregnancy even more.

Best to continue using both until you are older and in a better position should an unplanned pregnancy occur. Keep in mind, that even with the pill and condom there is still a chance for pregnancy, just less of one when using two forms of birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the risk of drinking castor oil while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

What are the risk of my drinking castor oil?

What is the risk that precum will get a girl pregnant, answer sooon! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: my girlfriend and I had unprotected sex a couple days ago, it lasted for about a minute at most. I was no where near orgasiming, we just were curious. The only thing that raises any suspicion is that we have heard several times from many different places that precum contians sperm,...

View more questions Search