Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ3434 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2011, 03:05 PM
    Donate for services rendered is it legal to do in a 501 (3) (c)
    Services paid through a donation rather than a fee is it legal to do
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 08:17 PM

Could you please explain this better, your question is not clear. Whose service, whose donation. What fee
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 08:58 PM

Yes, professionals donate their services all the time like in the medical field and it is legal.
    DrJ3434 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 08:19 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Our company donates to a 501 (3) (c) and in return for that donation they provide us with bottling and packaging is that legal and does the donator get a tax credit?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 07:54 AM

DrJ: please do not use the "comment" feature of this web site to post a follow-up question - please use the answer box instead.

If a donor receives goods or services in exchange for a donation, then the value of the donation is considered to be reduced by the value of the goods or services received. So yes, it is legal for the donor to take a tax deduction (it's a deduction, not a credit), but the amount that can be deducted is less than the amount actually donated. The 501c(3) is responsible for providing a receipt to the donor and indicating the amount that may be taken as a charitable donation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Services rendered for credit [ 6 Answers ]

If services are rendered for credit, then: a) assets will decrease b)liabilites will increase c)owner's equity will increase d)liabilities will decrease

Can I sue my plastic surgeon for services not rendered? [ 8 Answers ]

First off does anyone know what the statue of limitations would be? What happened was I received implants & a lift from my doctor. The lift was supposed to be done like a lollipop( the incision goes around the aerola and down the center; like a lollipop) doing the lift in this way he told me...

If services are rendered for credit, then [ 2 Answers ]

If services are rendered for credit, then

1099 reporting for services rendered by corporations [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings I am incorporated and provide software consulting services under my corporation's umbrella and also have employees that work for the corporation.I have a client that had me complete a w9 form for the corporation at the beginning of the work but at the end of the year did not sent me a...

View more questions Search