Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youneverknow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 06:43 PM
    Should I contact him or wait for him to contact me?
    I have had the strangest friendhip? FWB? Relationship? With a guy I ran into after 10 years unexpectedly. It was awesome the first year, than gradually things just started changing. We were never in a committed relationship although, we fight like an old married couple about the silliest things. I know that he is dating someone, but in the past he always found time for me. I had to move for work so I don't go home but maybe two weekends a month. The last time I saw him was New Years Eve. He always returns my phone calls, text etc. and almost two weeks ago (the last time we spoke) we had a good conversation. He called me because my text to him was basically saying I guess he wanted me to go away since all he does these days is ignore me. So we spoke about that.. for over an hour. He asked me if I was coming in town, and I said yes but honestly I haven't been back in a couple weeks.
    After our conversation, I decided to go MIA. Its been years since I backed off, let him breathe. 11 days... and Im really wanting to text him. I just don't want to make him think I am ignoring him. My goal is to get things right again between us because he means a lot to me. Any advice?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:47 PM

Whatever happen to straight talk and not playing silly games? That's what communications is about, then you stop wondering.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 1, 2011, 06:53 PM

Do you want a committed relationship with him? It looks like you have a long history with him and to use a favorite saying of mine: you need to poo or get off the pot.

I know you think you're in control here, but trust me-going MIA and then coming back and then going MIA and coming back isn't being in control. When a guy WANTS you and WANTS to love you, you will know it because he will make that very clear. I kissed a lot of toads before I realized that one (oh! Another saying!).

If you're okay with the random hook-up dynamic, then by all means keep on going. If you want something solid and committed, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not saying he doesn't care about you, but you've given him plenty of opportunity to make a move romantically and it's not happening. Taking your heart off the market for him doesn't mean you can't be his friend anymore-it may even make everything better!

Good luck with whatever you're looking for!
    youneverknow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 07:00 PM
    I agree with both of you. It is hard though, because I care so much and have for many years. You are right, going MIA will not help. Although, he is one that likes space. I guess I was hoping that if I backed off things could get more laid back again as they were a few years back. Thanks for replying any advice is appreciated!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2011, 07:25 PM
    "we fight like an old married couple about the silliest things."

Good thing that you aren't married.

Go about your business. Like you were doing for the past 10 years.

FWB? Doesn't seem like either.

Just a fling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Contact without No Contact Message [ 28 Answers ]

Threads merged Ok, this is a bizarre question, so bare with me. My boyfriend (fiance actually) broke up with me this past December. We were going to get married, he said he had doubts, we started having arguments and he broke it off. We spent a couple months in touch, him saying he was confused...

Is contact on twitter a violation of a no contact order [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is on post prison supervision, with a no contact order on the vivtim, and is following said victim on twitter, is that a violation of the no contact order?

My girlfriend wanted a break. How long should I wait before I contact her? [ 25 Answers ]

I just found this site and I appreciate any advice I can get. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. We met through my cousin, her best friend, when she was 19 and I was 23 and I fell so hard I told her to move in with me and so we've been living together for pretty much the whole time....

No-Contact led to some contact. [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, so I've been posting this situation the past few weeks with my ex girlfriend and I. We broke up, ended on bad terms, we dated for about a year and I heard after the breakup, that her and another guy were becoming close... I let it be... We hadn't talked in about 3 weeks and last week she went...

Just friends... But how long to wait to contact? [ 8 Answers ]

I really need some advice... see I had started dating this guy. Wonderful sweet caring loyal guy, and within two weeks he started planing marriage in his head, where we will be in a year... and I panicked too quick for me. Not only that the relationship was suppose to be open, but it seemed closed...

View more questions Search