Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susan444 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 06:21 PM
    My friend was just put in jail for Probation Violation, for DUI, under DUI suspension
    This is his 3rd dui in 10 years, he registered a 1.1 Blood Alcohol Level and he just got out last year from a county 1-5 yr work release program - where he served 1 year - I am hearing that he will be doing 9 month to 4 year term. Note: he has multiple DUI's from his younger years - he is now locked up in the county for probation violations - I know it's complicated - what is your best guess or advise on this situation - already spoke to attorneys = that's where the 9 months to 4 years come from - thank you for your feedback -
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 07:49 PM

He will get first a new jail or prison term for this new offense,
    He will also be sentenced to part if not all of his old probation time.

I would say he is most likely looking at the longer term, 3 to 4 years with most likely at least 2 to serve since he has not learned anything, they keep giving more and more time each time they come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dui and probation violation [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is a habitual violator for DUI. He is on Felony probation. He has had 2 Dui in the last 3 years, He was recently charged with another DUI as well as leaving the scene of an accident and driving on suspended license. How much time will he serve?

Probation violation for a dui [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend just got senteced to 4 years in state prison for violating his probation . I know that he broke the law and should be punished but I'm really curious as to can they really make him serve that long in prison. I guess they can but I reallly want to know is there anything he can do to get...

What happens at a probation violation for dui in wa [ 1 Answers ]

In wa state what happens when someone on probation for a dui gets another within 3 months and has to go to a probation violation hearing?

DUI Probation Violation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying help my motherinlaw understand this ,wife's brother got sentenced to ten years on a violation of probation state of Texas.should she spenp any money trying to get him help or would it be better to work with the prison system on where and how he serve's his time

Probation violation - DUI [ 6 Answers ]

My son has served 5 1/2 months of a 12 moth sentence (2/3 of time served is 8 months) and was released on CWP (CA work program) to serve the remaining time of 75 days. He was taken in for a “probation violation”. He has 17 days left of his original sentence. How much time will he have to...

View more questions Search