Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 1, 2011, 06:10 PM
    I have the hardest time packing my pipe correctly. Suggestions?
    I had a good run for awhile, but I'm back to it going out all the time and burning my tongue. Any hints?
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Mar 3, 2011, 11:44 AM

You may be smoking it too quickly if you're experiencing tongue bite. Try to slow down. Also, I've noticed if you loosely fill it and then kind of pack a ball on top of the loose fill you'll get a good even burn. Look up the "Frank Method" on YouTube or something and you'll see what I'm talking about. One last thing, after your initial light tamp it gently back down and re-light. Works wonders. Good luck!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Mar 3, 2011, 12:03 PM
    Raisingale, thanks. The sites I have looked at in the past years have always suggested filling then tamping... then repeating until full. I will try keeping it loose underneath... it's one of the few things I haven't tried yet.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 PM

I hope it helps. It sure improved my experience with a pipe. Also, if you're smoking a really goopy aromatic they can be a bit harsh and burn the end of the tongue. May want to experiment with some different tobaccos if you haven't already. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardest problem I have ever had! [ 4 Answers ]

I have spent at least 3 hours trying to solve this. It is the hardest problem I have. Please help me solve this so I can get a better grade in Algebra 2! Solve for w,x,y,z 4w+x+2y-3z=-16 -3w+3x-y+4z=20 -w+2x+5y+z=-4 5w+4x+3y-z=-10

Need suggestions on taking time with my ex [ 152 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged Please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread We are in our latter thirtys, have a child together, live separate, email or call each other occasionally, and see each other almost every two weeks. She is very insecure, feels she's not in my...

The hardest part [ 1 Answers ]

We all know the initial break up is shocking and hurtfull but I don't believe that that is the hardest part to deal with, oh no in fact that part could be the easiest and here's why... I do believe that for the first few days after the break up we all have this denial that sets in, sure we are...

Hardest metal [ 1 Answers ]

Is nickel the hardest metal?

IS it just me or is the beginning the hardest? [ 14 Answers ]

I am just curious, did anyone else here have a really tough time with their husband/wife the first couple of years, because boy, I sure am!:( My husband and I had a baby a yr ago and it has gotten really hard lately. Tonight for example he just took off and took out $150.00 out of our account...

View more questions Search