Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dr_optical Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Documentary stamps. What do I do with them?
    I was required to purchase documentary stamps for real estate that I sold in Arkansas. Do I keep the stamps or send them to the grantee?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 05:30 PM

Have you closed on the proeprty yet?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_optical View Post
    I was required to purchase documentary stamps for real estate that I sold in Arkansas. Do I keep the stamps or send them to the grantee?
    Who required this? Did you ask the office where you bought them? Normally such stamps are placed on the deed, which cannot be recorded without them.
    dr_optical Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 05:40 PM
    The County Clerk told me that they are required before the deed can transfer for any property selling over $100. I purchased the stamps from the dept of finance and admin. I have closed on the property.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_optical View Post
    The County Clerk told me that they are required before the deed can transfer for any property selling over $100. I purchased the stamps from the dept of finance and admin. I have closed on the property.
    Ok. Then as I suspected, they have to be submitted with the deed for recording.

If there is no agreement between you and the buyer, I would guess it's up to the buyer to purchase the stamp. I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer did so. Talk to the buyer, or the realtor if one is involved, and find out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 07:52 PM

Yes anytime I have had to do them, they are placed on the deed at the time of filing the deed at the court house

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of stamps that are old [ 0 Answers ]

Will Rogers Performing Arts USA 15 cents has pic of will rogers face and pic of will rogers standing up in cowboy outfit holding rope

Documentary stamps [ 1 Answers ]

I sent a quitclaim deed to a County clerk in Arkansas for recording. They returned it to me with a request for additional information as follows.. "An Arkansas transfer tax affidavit statement must be on the face of your deed and signed. The statement may be hand written or typed. The statement...

How many stamps [ 6 Answers ]

How does one determine how many stamps an envelope requires?

Stamps [ 2 Answers ]

I have a stamp collection and I am looking for a site that I can see if I have any stamps that are valuable Can you please help me find a site for Australian stamps?

View more questions Search