Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Ground beef
    Bought 6lbs of ground 90/10 beef the other day - on sale of course - any recipe suggestions besides burgers or meatloaf?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2011, 10:30 AM

Ran up a nice list to browse through to see what might get get you salivating based on your particular families tastes.

Just click the link and browse. Already has the search critera entered

Google

Something I have done in the past also is do a search for "Recipies by ingredient"

Real useful to come up with ideas using any specific ingredient you may have to use.
    The internet is a wonderful resource... isn't it.
    Movie Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 10:58 AM

Sure is! (So are you;)) Thanks for the list!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 11:01 AM

We use ground beef for spaghetti, tacos, sloppy joes, chili, stuffed peppers, "cheap" stroganoff, and casseroles involving vegetables and cream of mushroom soup and tater tots.

All sorts of ideas on that list though!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 04:07 PM

Shepherds Pie, you can do a nice rose sauce, stuffed tomatoes, hamburger soup... mmm...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 04:25 PM

I love me some taco soup!
    Movie Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 09:17 AM

Yum! Synenn - we love tater tot casserole! It's one of my hubbys favs, so we have it quite a bit - I found a recipe from smoothys list for mexican lasagna it was triple tasty - topped with some shredded lettuce and avacado slice when I served it - gorgeous delicious!
    twinmom06 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2011, 08:54 PM
    Lumpias, Moussaka, Dirty Rice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 09:38 PM

Six (or Seven) Layer Dinner

In a casserole dish, layer thinly sliced potatoes, thinly slices onions, chopped celery, thin strips of pepper, a large can of whole (or stewed) tomatoes, crumbled raw ground beef, 1/2 c. water. Salt and pepper each layer. Bake covered for two hours at 350. (Add other layers as per your preference.)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 09:41 PM

Porcupines (rice meat balls), Cocktail Meatballs* served over rice, Ground Beef Stroganoff (base is Campbell's cream of mushroom soup), sloppy joes.

*Cocktail Meatballs recipe
    Ingredients
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1 egg
    2 tablespoons water
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    3 tablespoons minced onion

1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
    3/4 cup chili sauce
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, water, bread crumbs, and minced onion. Roll into small meatballs.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once. (Can be baked in a covered pot instead.)
    4. In a slow cooker or large saucepan over low heat, blend the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Add meatballs, and simmer for 1 hour before serving.
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2011, 06:55 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Great idea! I used to make something like this and I'd long forgotten about it, but I'm going to make it tonight!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beef jerky [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dehydrator that I have made jerky with many times. The top has a grate or you can turn it and it has big holes. I need to leave the jerky in over night. I have 7 layers (trays) I'm thinking if I close it up (it doesn't close completely) there will be more heat and dry out quicker....

Ground beef [ 6 Answers ]

So, I have a new job at work. I have to plan out all the stuff we'll serve for samples. And right now we have a flyer out and everything we sample has to have at least one ingredient from that flyer. And I'm not supposed to use anymore than 3 ingredients (sometimes I can get away with 4 or 5) in...

Any good ground beef recipes out there? [ 7 Answers ]

Other than burgers what can you make with ground beef? I'm hosting a bunch of carnivores tonight and I don't know what to do with my 8LBS of ground beef I bought today at the grocers. It's not formal so it could be a huge taco salad? Haha! Any recipe that YOU'VE actually tried and worked...

Tender beef [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had trouble finding beef that isn't tough? Every time I buy beef it is always real tough no matter how I cook it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make beef tender?

Mcdonalds beef [ 12 Answers ]

Where does mcdonalds buy their beef? Thanks

View more questions Search