Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bachhal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 09:06 AM
    Intercaste marriage
    Hello friends,*** help me.actually m from jat sikh family and my friend is from same religion but of different caste.He is lubana.I talked to my parents ,they don't allow me to marry with him.B'cz they think that he is from scheduled caste and I don't know that lubana is a high caste or low.I can't ask about this to him.I don' want to hurt him by asking this to him ,so *** clear my doubts about this caste and how can I convince my parents for him.
    ripudaman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Lubanas are high caste,they are richer than jatts and brahmin,because their ancestors are shah and lubanas are great tradeing community and their roots are from turkey and afghan,they became a warrior after intermarriages with rajputs,
    If any person has problem with it then check the book "glossary of punjab and balochisthan" written by britsher and it is available online too and you can read it online.
    ripudaman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 09:11 AM
    http://books.google.co.in/books?id=UQUtQzPtC6wC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=lubana+glo ssary+of+punjab&source=bl&ots=LkMZ736CX2&sig=NMqRb cmPv-2x-uc4lu6l9RTwr8k&hl=en&ei=ZKJjTsLDNsbtrAfn-8iaCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&sqi=2 &ved=0CCkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false
    Leen2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Oh well, seems like you and your parents are typical illiterate Jatts, who consider themselves higher than everybody else!!

There is NO Caste system in Sikhism. Everybody is Equal and this equality concept applies to Sikh and non-Sikhs.

Just stick to marrying a Drunk, illerate Jatt who curses all the time and would beat u up for not making his roti lmao.
    Leen2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ripudaman View Post
    Lubanas are high caste,they are richer than jatts and brahmin,because their ancestors are shah and lubanas are great tradeing community and their roots are from turkey and afghan,they became a warrior after intermarriages with rajputs,
    If any person has problem with it then check the book "glossary of punjab and balochisthan" written by britsher and it is available online too and you can read it online.
    Okay I agree Lubanas are the richest landlord community among Sikhs but let's not forget that all the Gurus opposed the caste system. Everybody is EQUAL in Sikhi, it's just that some people are more fortunate than others.
    gurdeep bawa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Dear friend lubana community comes in general and obc categories acc. To their residence.most of them are landlords and nri.they have seprate villages as like jatts and sainis.you can find many articles stating that jatts and lunbanas are equal.most of them are nri.you read about their villages which are richest among Punjab one of this is nangal lubana,maqsoodpur,Noorpur,Tanda,and many more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intercaste love marriage? [ 4 Answers ]

HI GUYZ,I AM IN LOVE WITH GUY whom I meet three years back in UK.We both are quite settled with our career ,we both are Hindu marathi speaking people but of diff subcaste ,MYself lINGAYT &HE IS MARATHA.He has already convinced his parents but on myside my family is not at all ready to accept only...

Intercaste marriage in brahmins [ 10 Answers ]

Hi , Iam a brahmin girl . I love a non brahmin guy who is a Nadar . He loves me more than what I do . He is just crazy on me . H eis even ready to wear the white thread on his body for the marriage and do anything for me . My parenst are really against inter caste marriage . I love brahmin...

Intercaste marriage [ 6 Answers ]

I am a muslim and I want to marry a girl of hindu caste? I know that marring a other caste girl is haram but if the girl is ready to convert islam? If my parents did not allow me to do marriage than what should I do?

Intercaste marriage [ 3 Answers ]

We both are hindu, but he is from lower caste than me, my parents are not agree for our marriage, we are trying to convince them but no use. Also, I've a elder brother and my parents saying that there will be problems in his marriage because of this. Pleae help me what to do in this situation, I...

View more questions Search