Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumman2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 05:58 PM
    My delta univcersal trim kit doesn't shut off ,how do I install it to shut off
    I installed a delta universal trim kit#10003/10004and the knob will not shut off the water. Is there a way that I have to position the guts inside the wall?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:31 AM

I assume you have the older type of Delta faucet: The ball inside the body sits in certain position. There is a notch and a peg. They should slip into each other. Second, the plastic "V" shaped insert that goes over the ball has to be in certain position as well. The bottom of the "V" has to point down. To fix it: unscrew the assembly and carefully re-assemble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta Faucet Cold Water Won't Shut Off [ 1 Answers ]

My delta three handle shower's cold water will not shut off. I've replaced valve parts from spring and boot to faucet parts.. still will not shut off cold water HELP!!

My Delta lever tub faucett want shut off my water [ 0 Answers ]

My Delta one lever faucett to my tub- When we turn on the water it will not shut off. We have changed the washers and two weeks later we are having the same problem. We are having to shut off the water by using the main water breaker. Help I do not want to call a plumber.

Delta bath Faucet won't shut off clockwise [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Delta show unit that won't shut off anymore clockwise. It feels like its kind of bumping up against something, so I have to shut it off carefully in the center position which is a pain. Is this something easy to fix (cartridge)? I have attached a photo of the model. Thank...

Want to install shut-off valves in basement [ 2 Answers ]

All, I recently had a shower leak, which required shutting off the main water supply to the entire house to fix. That said I want to install shutoff valves on every plumbing branch in the basement. (Why they were already not installed is another question). :mad: My plumbing is CPVC which...

Install Bathtub shut off valve [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! We are trying to install a shut off valve as a temporary fix to a broken faucet, not being paid till the first and needing this taken care of. My toddler was in the bathtub when I went to turn off the hot water and the faucet shot off the wall, along with gallons of water like a geiser, we...

View more questions Search