Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carjo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Our goldfish has a bump after being sick
    We have 4 goldfish in are tank that are now rather large. One of them started swimming upside down and sideways a few days ago. We separated him and fed him a couple peas (which was suggested for swimbladder). He started swimming upright again yesterday, but now has a very noticeable red bump on his side. He seems to be getting better other than the bump and still a little off balance. The other three goldfish and two plecostomus seem healthy.
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Feb 28, 2011, 05:11 PM
    It isn't a sore, is it? I ask because plecos are known to go after fish as they rest at the bottom in the evening, as plecos are nocturnal.
    I have a pond filled with gold fish, some have had bumps for years. Not pretty, but not dead either. Outdoors it could come from sunburn, inside maybe illness. I believe I read once it is also cancer. If they eat and swim uprite they should be OK.
    carjo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Well, the fish is still alive - surprisingly, but he lays on the rocks on his side most of the time. When he does swim, he is sideways and bumps into the other fish and the glass. He has noticeable bumps on both sides of his body. It's been a few weeks now, so he must be able to eat some of the food, but he just keeps getting worse. I do wonder if it might be cancer or a tumor of some sort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red bump on side of goldfish [ 15 Answers ]

I just noticed today that 1/5 of my golfish has a big bump on the side of it with red tones underneath it (the size of a big pimple!). I have 5 golfish in a 33 galon tank and the remaining fish look fine. The fish with the bump is active and eating as normal - no signs of distress. What could this...

Fantail goldfish has swollen bump behind her gill [ 5 Answers ]

She has the bump for 2 weeks now. Initially she is still very active and eats well. And now, she still eats well but sits at the bottom of the tank most of the time. We tried Epsom salt for 1 day then switched to aquarium salt after talking to the aquarium staff. We started the Internal...

Goldfish are sick [ 1 Answers ]

Now just this morning I realized how sick my fish are when just yesterday they were fine. I had noticed a little red but not as bad as today... One out of my 6 goldfish died already, the one I had for 4 yrs, 3 almost dead barely even moving. Some fish's tails are bloody red while others are almost...

Sick goldfish! [ 4 Answers ]

I started with one goldfish before getting my second. When I got goldfish #2, he was bigger than goldfish #1. I noticed that my goldfish #2 would get "bullied" by #1. #1 would like to push him and when I fed them #2 always would just sit at the bottom of the tank, while #1 ate a lot. #2 became...

View more questions Search