Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zenda96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 06:04 AM
    How did the people of 1000bc to 700bc use the constellations in everyday life?
    Orion Constellation to be more specific
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 07:36 AM

Not sure the answer you are looking for, Could be for Harvesting back then. Late in summer, at the time of the grape harvest, Orion rises at midnight. And when Orion rises at sunset in autumn, sailors knew that the time had come to bring their ships to port.
    I use Orion for Navigation, It always moves across the Sky from East to West, It also helps me find Polaris(North) as Does Casseopiea and The Big Dipper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can newton's 3 laws of motion be applied to everyday life [ 2 Answers ]

Can you provide me with at least one use in our daily life for each of Newtons 3 laws?

Am struggling with life everyday [ 18 Answers ]

I live in the uk & I suffer from depression & anxiety. Recent I have been finding it a struggle everyday. I've had a rough few years & really need some help. Is there any place online I can talk to a counsellor or life coach for free as I can't afford private

Why are toothpaste used in everyday life? [ 3 Answers ]

This question is under the topic of applications of acids and bases. I need a full and thorough explanation but I can't actually think of one. :confused: HELP!

Low Self Esteem Now Affecting Everyday Life [ 24 Answers ]

I have really low self-esteem. It's been with me since childhood/teenlife. However, it's seems as though it's gotten worse and worse. Every minute I remember all the things that I feel is wrong with me. It's mostly my physcial self that I really hate. It's actually affected my marriage in the...

Anxiety attacks are effecting everyday life [ 3 Answers ]

Everyday I'm having anxiety attacks. Always worrying if my heart is beating right, by checking my pulse so many times a day. Feeling like I'm breathing weird. I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel like my heart is beating fast. So now I'm scared to go to sleep. I'm obsessed with the fact...

View more questions Search