Ask
    rowdyone5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 01:13 AM
    My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear
    My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2011, 05:58 AM

. Go over the ignition system--spark plugs (NGK or Nippondenso only), distributor cap, rotor, wires, Ignition Control Module, and coil.

. Clean and rebuild carburetor, if you have the 2 barrel.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 28, 2011, 08:27 AM

Does the engine begin to misfire? What do you mean by "runs ruff?"
    How are the motor and/or transmission mounts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda ht 3813 runs fine for about 5 minutes and starts to smoke any input? [ 1 Answers ]

Motor runs fine for about 5 minutes and then it starts to smoke , what could it be??

1988 chevy truck starts fine, put it in gear and it dies unless you mash the gas [ 1 Answers ]

Chevy 1988 truck 5.0 My truck will start and run, but once it is warmed up and you put it in drive or reverse it dies, it will not stay running. If you put it in neutral or park it idles fine. If you put it in drive and stomp the gas it will drive, but when you come to a stop sign it will die,...

I have a 14.5 b&s Sears lawn tractor it starts easy and runs fine until I engage the [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14.5hp B&S powered SEAR LAWN TRACTOR, it starts easy and runs fine until I engage the mower deck :ie UNDER LOAD, within a minute or two it starts smoking very Badly. Upon inspection I find OIL in the Air filter plenum, if I wipe it dry and restart, it repeats. Is this caused by...

Chevy 305ci v8 idles fine but stumbles on acceleration [ 4 Answers ]

It will idle okay,but will not respond to acceleration,stumbles or dies. Things that have been done: rebuilt carb. 2 barrel,replaced timing gear & chain,rebuilt distributor, so can you guys or gals help me out please! Thanks!:(

1990 honda civic gets fuel +spark runs fine when it starts but turn off won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I drive a 1990 honda civic ex 1.6 OK here goes sometimes it will start and run perfect no problems but it seems like when it gets hot or you drive for 30 minutes or so you turn it off and go back to start it and all it does is crank when it does this it is getting spark and gas I have replaced fuel...

View more questions Search