Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LPAXTON Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Harley Davidson Troubleshooting?
    I changed the oil in my 78 shovel ( kickstart only) and now it acts like the motor is frozen but it ran great before the oil change and haven't started since .in neutral with clutch engaged kicker won't budge. If u pull in the clutch lever the kicker is fre...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 03:18 PM

Have you tried to run it on compression yet? Remove spark plugs and just see if it turns at all? It could be that the last time it was kick started something went on in the assembly that caused it to lock up.
    LPAXTON Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 09:51 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    Yes I checked the motor it is not locked up it seems to be in the trany/ kicker assembly .I am just not sure how thework . I appriciate any advice
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 28, 2011, 01:12 PM

The kickstart assembly should unbolt and then you caan inspect it to see why it may have jammed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

My bike is clicking when I try to start it. It has battery so I am thinking spark plugs/wire could cause it. Am I right or is there something I can do? 1999 sportster 883 xlh

Harley davidson troubleshooting? [ 0 Answers ]

2006 h/d FLHT.Carburetor idle pick up when warm up.I have change intake manifold gasket and rebuilt carb.

Harley davidson troubleshooting? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1993 evo motor making a loud tapping noise when engine is warmed up, no performance loss or smoke

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1989 Harley Soft-tail custom 1340. When out on the road running, it coughs back through the carburetor and pops through the exhaust. I don't know if it's a shorted wire somewhere, a valve or the jets in the carb wrong. It has a Keihen Carb. On it and Samson street sweeper pipes on it. ...

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Positive side of battery touch frame lost all power checked fuses seam fine

View more questions Search