Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeanMeen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 11:27 AM
    CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan
    I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately followed by a 'vroom' sound from the cpu/fan location. At one time, after leaving it for about 3 minutes, it started up to the windows boot options menu. I resetted it to set the Bios and it went back to its former state. Please I need help.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jan 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Any beeps?? The POST (power on self test) beeps offer a starting point for the problem... P2E
    MeanMeen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Yeah, a single beep, though very low not like the three beeps issued by a ram problem. It's followed immediately by a whining sound from the fan/cpu and it keeps repeating this say after 3 - 4 seconds
    "???"
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jan 29, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Your single beep indicates that your basic (essential) PC hardware is working OK.. sounds to me like your fan is faulty or somehow obstructed (blocked). If the later is true, a likely high resistance in the fan will draw lots of current (heat). There are likely sevyour eral sensors on the MB which detect excessive heat, voltage drops, fan RPM, etc.

I would recommend you contact your supplier or MB mfg'r.

Good Luck.

P2E
    billythekiddrummer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Sounds like that is fine. My computer does that. Does your computer even start up?
    chinese_farmer Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 04:42 AM
    Well if his computer won't start up, there's no point in sensors, right? XD

Hahah =) I guess the best option will be to replace your fan. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop Speaker No Sound [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Compaq laptop and the speakers have worked fine until today. I suddenly have NO sound for anything? Can anyone help Thanks Kaluda:)

CPU fan works fine, until my monitor is plugged in.. then everything dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My HP Pavilion XT 936 gave me an error messge, that said my CPU fan was not working, and that it was going to shut off in 5 seconds to stop it from overheating... and it did shut right off. I took it to my techno buddy, who sat it on his desk... and of course, it worked fine... I took it home, and...

Buzzing sound stays on for a few minutes when Furnace starts! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My gaz furnace is 2 years old and it was running smoothly last year. This year however, it started making a buzzing sound when it starts up. The sound stays for a few minutes and then stops when the heat as been blowing a few seconds. Could anyone give me advice on what this noise...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search