Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nabp_76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 11:57 AM
    Shoplifting Charges
    Hi,
    Request advice on the situation I am in.
    Did a really stupid thing and was recently caught shoplifting in Denver. This is my first offence. Items were less than $10. I provided my personal details incorrectly and got arrested for providing wrong personal information and shoplifting. Released on a $100 bail and have a court date in near future. Donot have a specific reason for providing incorrect information but got panicked.
    I am a legal alien working in USA with H1 Visa.

So does anyone know what kind of penalties can be levied on to me in the court?
    Is it advisable to go alone to the court and accept the charges or take help of a lawyer?
    Will this go permanently on my records ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2011, 12:59 PM

If you want to stay in the US I'd go to Court with an Attorney. The shoplifting charge is minor; giving false ID is major.

You could be deported.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal help for shoplifting charges. [ 14 Answers ]

I am a 29 year old person and got caught shoplifting in Sears in Pittsburgh,PA.It was a $48.00 fragrance.I was taken by the LP officer to a backroom shared my State ID,Phone Number,Address and SSN.Store security was called and they verified my address.I accepted my fault and signed few papers which...

Shoplifting charges [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Colorado, now in the city of greeley, and I recently got two shoplifting tickets, and a MIP for stealing liquor from a store. Me and a krew got away the first time, but the second time I got caught, and then got written up for the first time, because they figured out it was us both...

Shoplifting charges dropped [ 5 Answers ]

If you're arrested for shoplifting and when you go to court the charges are dropped, do the records still show or come up in the system as you having a criminal record? Will the fingerprints taken still have an affect on getting a job when the court ended up giving a warning instead?

Shoplifting charges [ 2 Answers ]

Hello This is my story : Yesterday evening I went to a supermarket and I bought a sandwich, a soda, a carspray, a loaf of bread and a cheesecake. I went to my car and clipped a coupon from the cheesecake. That coupon was good for 2 $ and the discounted price of the cake was 1.99 so...

View more questions Search