Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 11:41 AM
    How to stop a leaking shower drain on a slab floor?
    I have a stall shower on a slab floor. Is there a way to repair a leaking drain with out tearing the shower stall out?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 11:42 AM

Can you remove the drain cover and snap a (good) picture of your drain and post it for us to see ? Back to you... Milo
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 01:54 PM

Did you build up a sloped pan on top of the slab?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My shower (on a slab) drain leaks, do I have to take the marble floor up? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm told that my shower drain leaks. Do I have to remove the cultured marble shower floor to repair the shower drain? Hi GF... What leads someone to tell you the drain leaks? How was this determined? Do you see any leaks? Also, can you tell me what type of pipes are involved with...

Leaking Shower Drain - P Trap - Slab Foundation [ 15 Answers ]

I live in a single story, 45 year old, concrete slab foundation home on the Gulf Coast. My problem is that the shower drain P trap, located in/under the slab appears to be leaking. After showering, the level in the drain/P trap falls and the loop seal is lost. The P trap appears to be approximately...

Leaking shower drain on slab foundation [ 2 Answers ]

Background: Our 25 year old, rarely used, tile shower is located on the first floor of our SoCal home. There is no basement. When the shower is used the water flows into the attached garage (shared wall). There is rust around the pipe under the drain and two holes in the pipe just above where it...

Leaking shower floor drain [ 14 Answers ]

We have a leaking 2nd floor shower floor drain. It is directly located underneath a recessed light fixture right on the foot of our stairs leading to the second floor. A plumber did the job about a year ago. The access is very tight (through the recessed lighting hole. He replaced the old...

Leaking Shower Drain Tile Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased this house two years ago and at that point the stand up shower had some sort of sealant that was placed in a very sloppy manner around the drain. However the home inspector said it was OK although to me it looked like something to worry about. Well now I have a leak bad enough to...

View more questions Search