Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savannahsmommie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Mother Signing Away Legal Rights
    My husband had a baby with a woman seven months that wants nothing to do with the baby. She hasn't seen her since the day she was born. She is willing to sign away her legal rights, how much would it cost her to do that? If it's possible.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Have your attorney draw up the legal documents for her to give up the baby to the father.

The only cost should be for the attorney cost.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Hello savannah:

Even though she wants nothing to do with the baby, she IS responsible for PAYING for the support of the baby. Your husband would be wise NOT to cut off this source of income. Why would he?

Child support has NOTHING to do with the mother giving up her rights either. As mr. yet said, see a lawyer.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2007, 08:40 AM
    It shouldn't cost her anything. What you want to do is adopt the child. YOUR attorney would then prepare papers for her to relinquish her rights and for you to adopt.

Note, she would be responsible for child support if you want to pursue that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a child from this girl, she has put him on child support But now he's considering signing over his paternal rights. He has recently stopped working and can no longer pay child support. If he signs over his rights will he still be obligated to pay for child support or any back...

Signing over parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

OK well My Boyfriend has a daughter with this women, he pays support but she will not allow him to see his daughter she leaves him nasty messages saying she's better off without him. Well this women called him and asked him if he would sign over his rights to her husband because she wants to move...

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Signing over parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how this would work. I am pregnant, and the father has a good job, stable, no drugs or alco problems, but he is not sure he wants to have a child. In his eyes it's all or nothing, either he stays and is involved 100% or he signs over his rights. So my question is, can he just...

Legal rights/paternity [ 4 Answers ]

I found out I have a two y/o son recently. Mother says she got pregnant purposely to have sibling for older brother. She agreed to let me see him which I have regularly since I found out. I also established paternity through a blood test. Problem is, I want to see child more than mother wants me...

View more questions Search