Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Honey, Why Doesn't the Car's A/C Work?
    My wife had the 2000 Taurus on the road for several days, with several of her lady friends, in the Hill Country of Texas. I got the classic call, "Honey, why doesn't the car's A/C work?" It blew only warm air.

On the way home today, however, it worked fine. I immediately suspected the A/C Clutch Relay, since I replaced the compressor and accumulator/drier two years ago. When I removed the relay, from the under hood fuse and relay box, the contacts were oxidized. I cleaned them with abrasive cloth and applied dielectric grease. Everything seems to be working fine. While I was at it, I removed and cleaned the contacts to the PCM Power Relay--this could have been much more serious. They were oxidized too.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2011, 09:14 PM

AC in February?
    Hills in Texas?
    What's this world coming to?
    BTW, Good job!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2011, 06:47 AM

Yup, it will be in the low 80s today. It's more hilly than San Francisco--people are amazed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the candle power of a car's stop light increased when a reflector is added? [ 3 Answers ]

Can the candlepower of a flashlight change using different reflectors in the bulb cavity? In other words, can a reflector increase the candlepower, of a flashlight, over that of the bulb or LED, itself?

My Car's Oil Life [ 3 Answers ]

I really don't know anything about cars, so I'm going to try and explain what is going on with it as un-confusing as possible. I have a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix that has this section inside that marks the "oil life" of the car. Right now it says "oil life 49%". The first time it marked 53% I...

Best way to get a car's carpet dried out [ 6 Answers ]

My car's carpet is soaked from an Automotive Service cleaing the carpet and using too much cleaner and water and not vacuuming it all out of the car's carpet. I had it done about two weeks ago and since then I had noticed that the car was starting to smell musty every tiime I got in it. I...

What's the blue square sticker I see on car's bumpers? [ 4 Answers ]

I keep seeing 1"X1" Square blue stickers on the bumpers of cars driving around in Colorado. Can anyone help me with what these stand for or what the function is for them? Thanks!

Car's Electrical System Shuts Down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 98 Honda Civic DX. At times while driving, the entire electrical system will shut down, and the car's steering wheel will lock and the car will be unable to start. Minutes later, the electrical system will turn on again and the car will work, but it will incur the same problems later. I...

View more questions Search