Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bertinosd Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 12:57 AM
    Where can I buy this handheld shower ?
    It comes with a 72" plastic white hose.
    The hose is leaking from the crimped connector.
    Replacing the washer did not help.
    Local stores (HD, Lowe's, etc) do not carry it.
    Bought similar items online but they did not meet expectations.
    Sometimes the hose is too rigid,
    Sometimes the shower handle is too light/cheap.

Please, help!
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 11:45 AM

The shape tells me it looks like old Grohe Relaxa hand-held shower. See the pic. But I may be wrong. It is hard to tell from the photos.

Do you want to buy exactly the same design and color ? There are dozens of hand-held shower heads and hoses made by different manufacturers that will fit your connections. Inexpensive ones you can purchase in Home Depot / Lowe's for under $50.00.
    Attached Images

Feb 26, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Comment on Milo Dolezal's post
    I can post more pictures if nencessary. I need a "white" handle/hose. I am NOT looking for a cheap/light weight handle. Just one similar quality to this. I have been at several Home Depot/Lowes. They have very few white handles and they all come with a 60" hose. They sell cheap 72" universal hoses.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 01:57 PM

Hi Bertinosd...

The best option for you will probably be to contact/visit a local plumbing supply store... one with a showroom would be best... ;)

At the store, let the salesperson know that you are looking for a high quality WHITE hand-held shower and they should be able to help you.

Good luck!

Mark
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 08:03 PM

White used to be in date back in the 80s. That's why they are so uncommon items these days. Also, good luck getting metal hand-held as most shower heads today are plastic - especially white.

Go to a big, professional supply house, like Ferguson Enterprises. Google them. They are all over. Talk to their salesman. I am sure she will be able to help you...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 09:26 PM

I know that Invacare ( medical supply company) makes hand held showers that look similar
    invacare hand held shower - Bing
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 07:30 AM

Attached Images

Feb 27, 2011, 10:56 AM
    OK, I'll try that. Thank you!

Feb 27, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    I live in San Diego. I'll ask around for plumbing stores with showrooms. Thanks !

Feb 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Comment on hkstroud's post
    I wish !
    It reads: Massage - Normal - Soft
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2011, 11:41 AM

Since you are in S.D. try these suppliers: Ferguson Enterprises, Pacific Sales, Plumbers Discount Warehouse... Google them... they are all over... Pacific Sales has elaborate showroom... Let us know how you did... Good luck... Milo

Mar 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
    Went to Ferguson in North County. They told me white is out of fashion and I am not going to find it. The guy looked in several catalogs:Delta, Moen, etc and could not find anything similar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky handheld shower massager [ 1 Answers ]

I have a handheld shower massager with a leak between the hose and the handheld unit. The washer does not look like it's worn, and tightening the hose does not seem to help (I'll try loosening it as soon as I send this). Does it pay to buy and try teflon tape, or just replace the washer? Could...

Diverter for remote handheld shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a large shower and want to include both a standard rainhead and a handheld shower. However, I would like them to be in different locations (I am building a shower bench). What kind of diverter system can I use to control the waterflow from the handheld shower location? Any advice...

Handheld shower leak [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a new rain shower head w/a handheld shower. There's not a lot of pressure from the rain shower but at least it works. The handheld shower is a different story. For some reason, when turned on, the water will not come out. Instead, it sprays out from the back of the handle...

Delta handheld shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a Delta shower massage head, and it has about half the water pressure of the old head I replaced. Is there any way to increase the water flow, like some kind of restricter in the hose or head?

View more questions Search