Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstnbibrfn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 05:39 PM
    Hamster
    My hamster died just a few weeks ago... :( I don't know how! She was shaking a few days earlier but then she was fine the next! I went to my friends house for the night and came home to play with her and she was gone. Cold, eyes closed, stiff. We picked her up and she was cold. She was all stiff. I don't know how she died! I cleaned her cage a week ago! Please tell me! And she was maybe 2 Thx :( R.I.P. Bear :( :'(
    AddyK Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 06:10 PM
    I'm sorry :( I wish I could help
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 06:20 PM

The average life span of a hamster is 2 - 4 years. It sounds like she died of old age.

Are you planning on getting another hamster? Is that why you cleaned her cage a week ago when she died a few weeks ago?
    jstnbibrfn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 06:30 PM
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 08:44 PM

I am sorry, one of my two hamsters died, last week also.
    He was also 2 years old, that is for many hamsters their life span. If they had a fun life, we remember the fun they brought to our life
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I am sorry, one of my two hamsters died, last week also.
    He was also 2 years old, that is for many hamsters their life span. If they had a fun life, we remember the fun they brought to our life
    I'm so sorry Chuck, and to the OP as well. It's never easy to lose someone you care about, be it a human or a pet.

I had a hamster that was 3 when he died, but the last year of his life was not good. He had a tumor, he lost the use of his back legs, he couldn't eat. We ended up putting him down. It was all we could do for him.

Our other hamsters all died shortly after their 1 year birthday. They were fine one minute, gone the next. After that we decided that we wouldn't have hamsters anymore. It was just too hard. Their lives are so short.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 09:10 PM

Yes, lucky mine was never even sick that I knew of. He was running and running still in his wheel every day, coming up to the top of his house to be petted ( yes mine like to be petted)

I still have his brother left, he was running in his ball around the floor this evening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So I want to get a new hamster but... [ 6 Answers ]

I just want to know what the minimum temperature outside should be when I go out to buy a new hamster

My hamster has become mean [ 5 Answers ]

My hamster is mean it is a female. And I used to hold her until she bit me. Do you think she will do it again or should I just leave her alone. Or wear a glove.

Got my new hamster [ 1 Answers ]

First of all I would like to thank all those who helped me by supplying info about hamsters. Yesterday I went and got one. He or she I'm not really sure for the gender, is named Chico. Our two cats never even noticed him yet, thank god. And for rex, well he hasn't tried to eat him so... Lilttle...

Hamster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering. I have a female syrian hamster and she is 8 weeks roughly mmmm She is vey nervous and she has bit me once but I want to tame her. Do you know why they make growling noises because she is doing that when she bites the bars and scratches. Plus I want to get her used to...

Hamster Qs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a friend, he says a lot of things... The other day he said a hamster could kill a rat by jumping on its back and biting its neck. This seems a bit silly to me, the largest animal I could find that they eat using Google was locusts. Does this actually happen or is he making things...

View more questions Search