Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
    My boyfriend and I had a fight and now he won't talk to me, is it over?
    My boyfriend and I had a fight via text. I was asking him why he didn't care to check in on me while I was sick. I told him I was sick, he said sorry and then didn't text me for two days. He ranted for awhile about how I was needy and then said he didn't text because he was worried he would wake me. I said that was fine and he didn't have to rant at me if that was the reason. He could just say I didn't want to wake you. The fight continued and then he sent me this, "I dont want to see or deal with you anymore right now. Im turning off my phone and I dont want to see you this weekend. Hope you get over your cold." I am really hurt and confused. I want to give him his space so I am going to let him have the weekend, no texts, calls, anything. I just feel that he is overreacting and am upset that I'm now sick and alone. Is it over?
    Briansundevil Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 12:12 PM
    No the space will let him know he messed up and you have to act like it's over. When he calls you tell him he's mean and make him realize u mean a lot to him. Trust me I'm going threw the same right now but I've had chances and messed up. She ended with me
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2011, 12:48 PM
    I see a big huge needy sign on you, sorry.
    Anyone who has a cold doesn't need to be 'checked on' all day long, or even in 2 days.
    Just wait. He may miss you. If you contact him, you'll ruin your one and only chance to be missed.
    Cat06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 04:54 PM
    He sent me a text just now "get feeling better." to which I replied thank you. Good sign?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 10:13 PM

Well, I don't see why someone that's sick can't be needy. Sometimes, it's nice to have a boyfriend who'll check on you (at least) when you're sick. I'm not saying he should run over and bring you soup and take care of you, but a simple text to see how you're doing, a 20 second text, isn't too much to ask.

Leave him be. Let him know that he hurt your feelings, and that you felt that he didn't care much about your well being.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2011, 12:54 AM
    Seems kind of childish if you ask me, just tell him, it will break the ice between you and won't cause more problems,
    current pert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:25 AM
    I overreacted now that I think about it more.
    Some people don't handle sickness well, even something minor (I might be one, and I'm a woman so it's not necessarily a male trait).
    He seems like a nice guy overall and I hope it all works out.
    current pert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:27 AM
    Sure, tell him, unless you want to give him a taste of what it felt like.
    He might suddenly be falling all over himself with attentiveness.
    brigde Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 04:04 AM
    No I would play him at his own game, but sure didn't he tell you he didn't want to see you ,so why not give him a taste of his own medicen, and I agree with joypulv, he might just,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying things my boyfriend and I fight about... [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend always wants to go bowling or play pool. I don't like these activities. And I think it would be really boring. Since I'm not good at pool or bowling while he is very good at them both. And it would only be me and him. I have no interest in learning to play pool or bowling (guess that...

Fight with boyfriend [ 65 Answers ]

Entire story merged Personally, I'm a dumpee. It just drives me crazy that, of course, we seem to be the only ones here crying on this website. Is there anyone here who actually dumped their girlfriend and then after a period of no contact realized the grass wasn't any greener and tried to get...

Boyfriend and I fight [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. Today we were at my dads house and drank a few beer, I hand't ate yet and was feeling sick, he said he would cook for me when we got back to my house when he was done his beer. Well we ended up getting into a HUGe fight cause I was not talking...

Fight, Talk or Run [ 5 Answers ]

I live in these apartments with help of a program. They pay a certain percentage of my rent and every three months the rent raises. This guy downstairs use to work with my sister a while ago, he always asked her out to dinner, he is a married man. I live upstairs from him and every since he seen my...

View more questions Search