Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derekdavison Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 08:04 AM
    Is bottle of Pauillac 2000 win drinkable?
    My neighbour has given me the followintg info. He has a bottle of Pauillac 2000 1500ml 12.5% Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite), to mark the opening of the wine cellars at Waddesdon Manor in 1994. Should he drink it or will it be vinegar? I didn't mention it, but is the 2000 relating to the year 2000? If so, I can't see how a 2000 vintage could be done for a 1994 ceremony. Or am I missing something?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 09:11 AM

No the 2000 doesn't relate to the year it was bottled. It couldn't be if it was for that ceremony. Whether it is drinkable or not would depend on how it was stored for that time; on its side, cool and dark, but who knows. He has to open it to find out, so he might as well unless he wants to keep it as a souvenir forever gathering dust.

Tick
    derekdavison Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Perfect. Many thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Château Lynch Moussas Pauillac 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a bottle of this wine as a gift and know nothing about it. How long should it sit before drinking? How much would it cost to replace it?

WIN 2000 Upgrade [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Recently upgraded my desktop from WIN 98 to WIN 2000. Now, whenever I boot up, my desktop will appear, but there are no icons, taskbar or anything on the screen. My boot up disc that originally came with my computer has the WIN 98 OS on it and now I think the WIN 2000 will not let me format...

View more questions Search