Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jan 19, 2007, 04:10 AM
    No contracts..
    My workplace is just getting quieter and queter. The boss has already got rid of someone as he isn't making enough money to cover his wages. He cut this guys wages, so he left. He was bascially trying to get rid of him. A lot of people are leaving and now there are only a few of us left. What if the boss does decided just to retire and close the place, he will not give any of us a contract, we have never had one. I have been here almost 5 years.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Have an eye out for another job just in case. Plan b
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jan 19, 2007, 06:59 AM
    I have emailed my cv to a pile of companies. I have a meeting with a company next Friday, so I have taken the day off.. wish me luck!

Xx
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Great Luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wap
    My workplace is just getting quieter and queter. The boss has already got rid of someone as he isn't making enough money to cover his wages. He cut this guys wages, so he left. He was bascially trying to get rid of him. A lot of people are leaving and now there are only a few of us left. What if the boss does decided just to retire and close the place, he will not give any of us a contract, we have never had one. I have been here almost 5 years.
    OF course 90 percent of the work places in America will fire an employee not earning their keep that is of course business.

And of course he does not have to give anyone a contract since most employees don't. IF he is close to retirement perhaps the employees should look at buying him out and have an employee owned company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseball contracts [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to know if a baseball player can sign a major league contract for any time frame including less than a year? Is there any rule, policy, etc. against his doing so?

Land Contracts [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to sell my house for six months now. My realtor's agreement is about to expire, so I thought of listing the property myself as I can sell it for less without the realtor fee. I was considering to advertise it with a land contract to attract more prospective buyers. I...

Apartment contracts [ 10 Answers ]

We have lived in our apartment for 27 years. We have new owners and they want us to sign a new contract. The contract states that we will be financially responsible for all repairs due to the apartment and if repairs are not made that they have the right to take personal possessions from your...

Execution of valid contracts [ 7 Answers ]

My question is: When one of the parties to a contract is a corporation, must an officer or agent of the corporation actually subscribe his or her signature to the document? More specifically, if a duly authorized agent or officer of a corporation merely stamped the written contract with a symbol...

View more questions Search