Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2011, 06:16 PM

Yes, Bella has given me some tips... Im going to be calling tomorrow. Ill let you all know how it turns out.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:18 PM

Sounds good. Make that call, only you can. :)

I'm proud that you're taking responsibility for this. Too many people see bad things happening and just walk away. You can make a difference with just one phone call.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 06:44 PM

Very happy to hear that you will be calling Emily.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2011, 07:13 PM

Emily.. Say this.

Hi, My name is Emily and I came across this facility that claims to be a rescue. I don't think she is an actual rescue.. My suspicians are:

Her cages are dirty
    Her animals are dying from pnemonia due to dirty cages
    She is getting DONATIONS as a form of "funding", yet the animals are still dirty and dying
    She's 20 YEARS OLD! I'm 25, you think someone would think that I (by myself) am a rescue? No way! I'd get cited quickly!
    List all the other things that you are concerned about.

Donations are a great thing, but are donations a source of funding? Not really. Funding is money given to you to run your facility. Donations are given by private parties to help. See the difference?

If she is not registered with any of the organizations that a rescue is "registered" with, then the suspician will be greater for the HS.

Key words.. HOARDING and DEAD ANIMALS.

Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2011, 03:18 PM

I called. It wasn't as bad as I thought :)

It was the police station number that Bella gave me, but they said they would forward my concern to Animal Control and call me when they had more information.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 03:23 PM

Yea the animal control department is in that police station, tha's why I gave you those two names. Good job Emily, I'm proud of you!
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2011, 03:30 PM

I just hope they don't come here to talk to me... My mom doesn't know I called, and she has this mind set that you don't get involved in someone else's business...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94 View Post
    I just hope they dont come here to talk to me... My mom doesnt know I called, and she has this mind set that you dont get involved in someone elses business...
    If your mom gets upset just remind her of the time she called about the bunny. What you did was the right thing to do, and your mom will understand, because she's done it in the past, and in her case it wasn't nearly as serious as this is.
    Dogs Expert

Mar 2, 2011, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    If your mom gets upset just remind her of the time she called about the bunny. What you did was the right thing to do, and your mom will understand, because she's done it in the past, and in her case it wasn't nearly as serious as this is.

Exactly my thoughts.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2011, 03:39 PM

Well, what's done is done so if they come... well then I guess she's going to have to deal with it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2011, 06:16 AM

If they come and find nothing wrong... then no harm is done... if they come and DO find problems then you did do good.

They won't do anything based solely on a persons statements... they will investigate first and do it if they find validity.

Tips help the people who investigate these things find the places that need checked.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 08:12 AM

Another little update.

Animal Control called me this morning, she asked a few questions and wrote it all down. She is going to check it out and call me when she knows what's going on.

She was super nice so it was actually really easy to talk to her and I wasn't as nervous as I thought, we ended up having a long conversation haha.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2011, 08:44 AM

All right,

Animal Control went there and the cages were clean and there was water and food... She isn't to sure on the deaths so she's going back to do a surprise visit every once in a while just to make sure that it wasn't a cover up.

I really hope the deaths were a coincidence, because this is a great thing for our community, lets hope she keeps it up like this!
    Dogs Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 01:47 PM

Good Job Emily! I'm very proud of you! You did the right thing.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 3, 2011, 03:34 PM

Good job Emily! Wish there were more people like you in this world
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 08:15 AM

Good job emily! If she is being naughty, animal control showing up and inspecting her probably scared her. Hopefully she will continue to do the right thing. Typically when animal control investiages a possible hoarding situation or animal abuse.. they will follow up unexpectedly ;)

Good job chicky!
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks guys!
    It was definantly a little nerve racking calling them... but I feel I did the right thing, and both the station and animal control were so nice I won't hesitate to call next time I think there is a problem with something, animal control said they'd rather get false calls, then someone not call and the animals die.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2011, 11:01 AM

THey probibly DID clean things up after all the attention... odds are they will backslide and get caught... or maybe they learned a lesson... and that's what you really wanted most of all.
    LucySue Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Mar 13, 2011, 07:54 PM
    Contact animal control this is what they are supposed to do, I looked up animal control Manitoba and it gave the name Todd Tarrant phone 204 648 3593 see if he can help you
    Dogs Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 08:05 PM

LucySue, it's great that you are posting, but make sure to read the entire thread before posting, had you done so, you would have realized that Emily was already in contact with the proper people, and the issue has been resolved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

1980 Suzuki GS 450 "rubbing" noise front wheel area [ 2 Answers ]

I hear a rubbing noise coming from the front wheel area. Just had new break pads installed and it otherwise runs fine. Seems to occur more so at higher speeds and not necessarily all the time. Rotors and pads rubbing? Something else? Anything major to be concerned about? Thanks.:)

"Beeping" noise occurs from furnace area [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Miller furnace in a mobile home. For the past two or three weeks, we've heard an occasional "beeping" noise coming from the attic area just above the furnace. It sounds like a back-up warning from vans but not as loud. It occurs about every five or ten minutes. I cannot locate the...

View more questions Search