Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Desert Diva Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Tenant Screening
    We are getting prepared to offer our condo for rent. I see that many LLs charge $30 for a credit check along with their tenant applications. Do most use an on-line tenant screening service? I’m dizzy from looking at all the agency offerings! At a minimum they supply a credit report. Prices increase if you want prior evictions, address history, sex offender search, terrorist(!) search, etc. There is even an on-line eviction service offering “Complete Eviction” (uncontested) throughout the state of California for $495.

This all sounds too easy. What's the hitch? What should I be looking for?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2007, 07:58 AM
    I would get a credit report including address history. I would also ask the tenant for references. If none of their references is from recent landlords, that should raise a flag.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the...

Tenant vs. Tenant Dispute [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I have recently had an issue arise with a neighbor a few doors down. She has called in noise complaints that are unfair and some that are just plain false. These complaints have caused us issues with our leasing office. If we continue to get these complaints from this neighbor we...

Tenant evicting another tenant [ 2 Answers ]

The Lease is in my name and my husband is listed as a tenant, how do I get him out? Will I have to evict him? If so, how do I go about this, there really isn't a lot of information on one tentant evicting another tenant. Please help.:confused:

Tenant [ 4 Answers ]

My question is in New Hampshire deposit law.We moved out,had house cleaned,painted walls and door jams.We gave them 30+days notice.I took pictures but forgot news paper,opps.We have been out for 1 month,but no return of deposit.We have called 3 times,no response.We were told they are having Home...

Tenant [ 2 Answers ]

Does landlord have to actually give you 30 days for eviction or is it automatic?

View more questions Search