Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Navybride24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
    Passport for military spose and child?
    My fiancé is in the Navy and we plan on getting married in June but afterward we, my son (his step-son) and I plan on moving to Japan where he is station.

What kind of passport will we have to get? Can he sign for my son's passport after we get married?

I've heard of a non-fee passport but I'm not sure of what a non-passport is and if we are even eligible for them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 10:33 AM

The no fee passport is for diplomatic travel, which I don't think you qualify for. You and your son will have to have regular passports from whatever country you live in.

You are responsible for your son's passport, no one has to sign for it.

Tick
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 05:16 PM

If you are US citizen, you and your son just carry US passport like everyone else. If you are non-resident or permanent resident (greencad), you carry passport issued from your home country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to renew my mother's you.s. Military issued passport [ 0 Answers ]

My mother was born 1936 in Japan of a Korean father and Japanese mother. She married my U.S. born father who was a Marine in Iwakuni, Japan in 1964. She moved to the U.S. with him in 1968 where he retired in 1980. They have since divorced. I would like to take her to visit Japan but she has an...

Military Issued Passport [ 1 Answers ]

My son is marring a girl in the Air force fresh out of school in Texas and being sent to the UK 8-31-10. They have been handling and faxing paperwork for two months,just when they had everything they needed, and were planning on flying out together,Air force says, My son, a civilian spouse needs a...

Military child support [ 6 Answers ]

I live and Texas and have a 9 month old son. The bio father is in the marines in North Carolina. He asked for a DNA test so I went through the A.G. and have done everything they have asked me to do. The Bio father refuses to send back any paper work for child support. He will be deployed next month...

Military child receiving support [ 2 Answers ]

My Daughter graduates this month and is entering the military in Sept. (full time) Is she entitled for support from her dad still?

Child taken out of state, MILITARY [ 1 Answers ]

Myself and my soon to be exwife are going through court battles and vistation is not yet set but she is in the military and ever so convieneitly has gotten orders and will be leaving the state with my child. Do I have any right to stop this from happening? How?

View more questions Search