Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Feb 24, 2011, 06:30 AM
    Constant watery diarrhea?
    WARNING: THIS IS VERY GRAPHIC!

Okay, so, I'm a 20 year old girl who exercises every morning and eats healthy every day and drinks plenty of water. But lately, and I mean EVERY DAY, I have been getting really bad diarrhea that is literally the consistency of water. The need is so urgent that I almost go to the bathroom on myself and have to RUN to the toilet. And then I sit down and it literally sounds like I'm peeing, that's how watery it is. The first time this started was about a month and a half ago, and back then I just thought it was something I ate. But this has now been going on for the past week almost non stop. I'm afraid to leave the house just in case I have the runs on myself or something... I've tried changing some of the foods I eat, tried changing vitamins, but nothing is helping with these constant runs. Pepto bismol helps, but I have to take 2 of the pills for it to work. Oh and before the runs start I get a really bad hungry/bubbly feeling/sound in my stomach and not even 5 seconds later, the runs start.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm really worried ))):

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2011, 06:43 AM

Are you far from the doctors office? Try an anti-diarrheal like Imodium or other. Maybe had someone pick it up for you. But anything that's lasting that long really NEEDS a doctors attention. And drink something like pedialyte. You need something that will replace the electrolytes lost from the diareah.
    gwiley3f55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 10:17 AM
    Girl, I feel for you. I have been having the same problem lately. It started several months ago. The first episode lasted for about 3 weeks before it went away. Then it came back. As of late I get the watery diarrhea about every 5 to 7 days and it usually last anywhere from several days to a couple of weeks at a time. It is so bad sometimes that Imodium doesn't even work. Doctor says I have IBD (Irritable Bowel Disease) and that there is no cure for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Watery Eyes Cats [ 2 Answers ]

What causes watery eyes in cats?

What is this watery discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had my period last month on the 13th for three days but then I had it again on the 27th for another three days My cycle is 32 days and I wasn't sure if I was going to get my period on the 13th of this month due to the other period that I had on the 27th again... im confused but the 13th has...

Watery discharge [ 3 Answers ]

Hello every one, This is T love I have a question I'm having a yellowish discharge and it has a smell not really bad but it not my regular sent the discharge is not thick it's watery and some times pasty. Can any one help me ::confused: {Moved from Forum Help. Please make sure you post in an...

Windows are watery [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, My home we installed noma thermostat. In winter times my widows are getting watery like everyday I took one glass of water. Is there any settings in the thermostat please guide me . Thanks Tammy

View more questions Search