Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ms.Cypher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 07:57 PM
    Vagina too covered
    Hello, I'm 16, a virgin, and have a regular menstrual cycle, but my vagina opening is so covered by skin that blood flow can be slightly painful and very slow. Is this normal?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 08:01 PM

Ms.Cypher, I have moved your question to Women's Health so that you can get the appropriate advice.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2011, 09:01 PM
    Are you able to insert a tampon? Your pinkie?
    Having trouble with a tampon at first is pretty normal, but having pain from slow flow I don't think is. It's possible that your pain is typical menstrual discomfort, so please describe it more. Typical might be a feeling of hot weights in your pelvis, cramping of the uterus, low back pain, and or bloating. Some women get all of them and are practically incapacitated, and others get none at all. There are many home remedies (which doctors will agree with) to help. A key one is to lie on the bed or floor and lift your pelvis up and hold it up with your hands, over and over. Heating pads, no coffee and spices, walking, the list goes on.
    Ms.Cypher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    No, I'm not able to insert anything.
    Oh no, haha I've had my fair share of period pains, trust me.
    It's difficult to describe, honestly. I guess it is so difficult for the flow to be normal, that it.. gets stuck? And even sometimes blocks my urethra, causing more discomfort. I'm not sure if its normal for a virgin to have so much covered or not, but I'm concerned that it may affect my health.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 24, 2011, 12:43 AM
    You should see a gynecologist then, and be emphatic about your situation. This happens more often in cultures where girls are sewn together to create an artificially small opening, and it does create problems with menstruation and urination. It's easily fixed in an outpatient setting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building a covered deck above a covered front porch [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to improve the curb appeal and usefulness of our hangar home. We are planning to have a deck built above the covered front porch, and will replace the double windows (the set on the left on the 2nd floor in the front view) with French doors. Because this faces south and we are in...

A/C pipes - covered? [ 2 Answers ]

We purchased a condo a few years ago and ever since we have had problems with the A/C. Every few month the unit runs out of freon. First they found a leak in the unit inside, after this was fixed they found another leak outside. Now there still seems to be a 3rd leak - after lots of tests done and...

Covered patio [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind...

What is it, and why is it covered? [ 28 Answers ]

For the past couple of years now of walking my dog around the neighborhood, I can't help but wonder what is this upside down U-shaped tube thing in everybody's yard. It is wrapped sometimes with what looks like a black garbage bag and some are wrapped with a thick tape. What is this thing?...

View more questions Search