Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fool2btruckin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Need info on early release from probation in Wyoming?
    I was ordered to serve 2 to 4 year probation in Wyoming , after serving two and a half years my PO ask the DA if he would be opposed to a early release, after waiting two months with no answer my PO filed a motion to the court for early release. My question is will the judge see this motion or can the DA stop it before it gets to him , and is their a time frame that the DA has to object to this motion and how long could this take for the judge to order on this

JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 07:57 PM

Yes, the Judge will see the motion. The DA will get a copy but can't keep it out of the Judge's hands.

Your PO would know the time frame. The DA usually has X days to respond (usually around 30). A lot depends on how busy the Court calendar is.

The Judge could sit on this for months AFTER the hearing while he makes up his mind.

I guess you didn't like Excon's answer - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...ml#post2712988

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early release from probation [ 10 Answers ]

Can I get released early from probation in Pennsylvania?

Early release of probation [ 1 Answers ]

I plead guilty to reckless driving after being arrested for dui. I received 1 year probation, with possible early termination I should be done with all requirements a month or so in. how early could I possibly be released?

Early Probation Release [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree burglary and I was told that upon successful completion of my probation, that my charges would be dismissed. I have been on probation for a year now and I have completed all that they required of me, however I was sentenced to a term of up to 5 years. I would like...

Early release from probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have served 3 years and 3 months of my 5-year probation term. I have completed my community service hours and have paid restitution in full. This was my only offense (PC 487 (a) grand theft of property over $400) which by the way is a non-violent crime. I have no arrests or any negative contact...

View more questions Search