Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 06:59 AM
    Why is it I owe 16,000 in child support and they don't come after me?
    And if they did can I just tell them how the mother is constantly moving and switching up men like clothes she has 5 kids now all with diff fathers and she is always moving to next place and new guy she has even moved to Canada without telling me till after done.this can't be legal so all that money I should have been paying she shouldn't have had our kid with her moving like that. What do I do I'm in school fulltime and can't afford a lawyer but if she wants one dam state gives her one for free. I NEED HELP WHAT DO I DO!?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 02:23 PM

For one thing you start being proactive. Why are you that far behind on support? Did you place the support money in an account when she couldn't be found? You don't absolutely have to have a lawyer to go to court. You can do a lot of things on your own. It seems you haven't done anything at this point. You need to start paying it off because no matter what the child support lasts a lifetime. Is the state charging you interest on the arrears? Are you still living in the state that decided the support?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 03:35 PM

Your question is...

1. Why aren't they coming after you? Maybe they think that you're just that nice of a guy.

2. If they did, can I reason it out?

... no. Just because you have "reasons" doesn't really make it "ok"... It's like me buying a car, and telling them I don't want to make payments on it because I'm in school, I'm broke, I have other bills to pay, and I also don't like the way the car handles, and the radio doesn't work.

... Quit thinking about yourself, and try thinking about the kids for once.

Next time you go out to get a meal, try thinking, "I wonder if my kid's eating well..."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Does the paternal dad owe child support if the child is in another mans name? [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 99 when the mother had the child, she and her husband said a paternity test was done stating he was the child's natural father. When the marriage ended in 2003 the woman comes about stating they lied and the child really did not belong to her husband, whom ADORES the child. She claimed she...

My child is being adopted in CA, I owe back Child Support, The Parents do not want it [ 6 Answers ]

My child is legally being adopted in the state of CA, she is 9 years old now, I talk to there constantly and this is how she wants it to be. I have back child support arrears, the adoptive parents do not want those back arrears? How can they let to court or child support office know this do not...

If your child was adopted out do I still owe child support in Ohio? [ 2 Answers ]

After the child is adopted out do u continue to pay child support? Beside th arrears?

View more questions Search