Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tavrion Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 05:05 AM
    Animated Short. Dancing around fire with devil in background?
    I have seen this short on a few occasions on TV (10-15 years ago on). The score by Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King was always played with this. It may or may not be an official short for this score, but I cannot locate it anywhere. The short film is about a little boy walking into a cave. The style of the animation reminds me of Van Gogh - A Starry Night. As the music builds up to the climax you see the little boy and some creatures dancing around a fire in a circle... faster as the music tempo increases. Finally, it zooms out and you see the devil high up looking down at them as he laughs. A long shot I know, but does anyone know the artist of this short, or where I could find it please? Thanks!
    vsg1980 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 07:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure that's a scene in Disney's "Fantasia"
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2011, 05:58 PM

The scene from Fantasia does feature a massively looming Devil, but doesn't have the other stuff mentioned in the query. (I just watched the YouTube clip.) It is set to classical music, but in this case it's "Night on Bald Mountain", and not "In the Hall of the Mountain King".
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Mar 7, 2011, 10:17 AM

So - I found something that might fit, a company called Mel-O-Toons used to do animated shorts in the 60's - they have one titled 'Peer Gynt in The Hall of the Mountain King' - have no idea if this is what you're looking for - I am unable to find a clip of it to verify, but here is the wikipedia page referencing it - hope it gives you enough info to continue your search!
    Mel-O-Toons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1960-1980's animated cartoon, dancing mushrooms and tornado? [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie as a kid. But the more and more I try to think about it, nothing more comes to mind. I believe the movie was intended for children, it had many colors in it and singing, dancing, etc... but with animated characters. There were mushrooms (which I think bounced...

What female artist sings a song with too short in the background? [ 0 Answers ]

I think its by ashanti but I'm not sure

Animated short name? [ 0 Answers ]

It's been bugging me for months, I can see it in my mind and for the life of me haven't had any luck finding it. It's about these 2 blob looking things playing music on your noses and it's some sort of fuzion jazz I think. And they music mattle, and end up joining togetehr to form a wicked new...

Animated movie (NOT fire prince.) [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie that I saw when I was very young. It had a young boy, who I think falls asleep and dreams, or maybe is somehow transported to another place where he meets a girl. I remember her as being pink, but I was three or four, so that could be made up. I think she dies in the...

Short cut keys to clears the software on desktop background [ 1 Answers ]

I need a short cut keys to clear the on screen software before logging in my password and username in any cyber café.

View more questions Search