Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelbylynn10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 01:34 AM
    If you were raped when you were really young, say 2 or 3, could that affect fertility
    I was raped when I was very young. I got married in May 2010. Since then we have been trying to get pregnant and it's just not happening and now it's February 2011. I'm just really worried that I'm unable to conceive because of this incident?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 03:31 AM

I'm so terribly sorry this occurred to you. I hope this guy is rotting somewhere. From the sheer act of rape alone, no, it's not likely.

The usual method in which a rape victim becomes infertile is if the rapist had some sort of a sexually transmitted infection, and passed it along to the victim, and thus the infection could ruin fertility chances.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 23, 2011, 01:50 PM

I am so sorry that you have gone through such an ordeal.

The above post is correct.

In addition, it can take a healthy couple up to 1 year of trying before they are successful. The fact of the matter is, each healthy cycle only holds a 20% chance of resulting in pregnancy. Those are very slim odds! I personally tried for 18 months before we conceived our beautiful daughter.

If you haven't already, consider calling your OB/GYN to set up a "preconception appointment". You'll get a lot of useful information and since you're nearing 1 year, he/she might be willing to start fertility testing to determine if you or your partner have any issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A young woman was raped by her older husband with pop bottle [ 1 Answers ]

There was a scene in the movie when the young woman was raped by her older husband. He used a pop bottle to rape her. He also placed glass on the floor to see if she was entering his room. The movie is set in the old south during segregation.

Lied to my boyfriend about being raped.wasn't raped at all.what do I do? [ 45 Answers ]

Well, I told my boyfriend a little back ago that I was raped by my mother's boyfriend, but I was never raped in the first place... the guy never even touched me. I felt like he was ruining my life (since it was the first guy my mom started seeing after my mom and dad divorced). So, I wanted him...

Is 20 too young to take FERTILITY pills? [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been trying now for so long, and I recently got married and tryinng to conceive. Every time we have sex, for that whole month I always feel or think I'm pregnant, and always am not what should I do?

Does the length of your period affect fertility? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My husband and I decided to try to have a baby a few months ago, after a few months went by and we still hadn't conceived I was talking with a girlfriend about it a she brough up a concern. My periods only last about 24-30 hr. I thought that this was no big deal because I was regular. I...

View more questions Search