Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Feb 22, 2011, 08:12 PM
    My fridge froze all my food!!
    Okay so yesterday we found out that most of the stuff in our fridge was starting to freeze. Today everything is frozen solid! I'm getting a hold of the people we have the warranty through tomorrow but that doesn't help us with the damage already done! I have to start figuring out what I have to throw away and what I don't and here is a list of what the stuff where I have no clue.

Can I salvage these items or do I have to throw them away?
    Butter
    Fresh Broccoli
    Fresh Green Beans
    Fresh Grapefruit
    Baby Carrots

Thank you in advance.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 08:19 PM

The only one I am unsure of is the grapefruit. I have worked in kitchens and most vegies can be frozen as well as butter. Now you may not be able to use the vegies how you want but they will still be good. You can use in stews or soups for example.

Susan
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Feb 22, 2011, 08:57 PM
    All will be edible, texture of some of the foods will be affected, grapfruit will be the most notable, it will be mushy but edible.
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Feb 23, 2011, 08:12 AM

Okay thank you so much. About the green beans though you said I could use in soups in stuff but would they still be good to boil and serve or are they going to be really mushy?

And when you say the grapefruit will be mushy do you mean just a little or do you mean mushy like the nastiness radishes get if you freeze and thaw them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Fridge - Freezing bottom half of the fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side refrigerator. The freezer is working fine, but the refrigerator side, the fridge is freezing bottom half. Recently fridge was not working at all, so the service guy came and replaced the fan, after that the freezer is OK, but the refrigerator is freezing the bottom half. ...

How does food in the fridge cooldown? [ 3 Answers ]

How does food in the fridge cooldown?

Why are cooling pipes at the top of the fridge?how is the air left in fridge cooled [ 2 Answers ]

Why are cooling pipes at the top of the fridge?how is the air left in fridge cooled?

Maytag fridge (MTB1956DEW) problem - freezer frosting up, fridge not staying cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag fridge with top freezer. The model # is MTB1956DEW. Over the last week, my freezer continuously frosts up with lost of crystal ice on the back and top while at the same time the fridge section below is not staying cold at all. I really like this fridge and really don't want to...

Is It Okay to Store Unfinished Cans of Food in the Fridge in Their Original Cans? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, All! I'm wondering if it's okay to store unfinished cans of food in the refrigerator in their original cans. I've heard that it wasn't okay, and that some sort of chemical reaction happens between the sides of the can and the food to make the food unsafe, once the contents has been...

View more questions Search