Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judgechas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Use of 8/2 NM-B wiring for a 50amp Air handler 8kw heat strip 15 seer
    If an NM-B 8/2 copper is used for a heat pump it should only draw high current when used in the winter for the 8kw heat strip. At that yime of the year the attic is very cold. Should this be considered when installing 8/2 NM-B with a fused down 60amp disconnect?

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of operation: gas furnace vs. Air handler with heat strip in Houston [ 0 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a rough idea of difference in cost between high-efficiency gas furnace vs. air handler with heat strip for Houston winters? Thanks,

Will a 14 seer 3 ton heat pump work with a 3 ton 13 seer air handler [ 1 Answers ]

Will a 14 seer 3 ton heat pump work with a 3 ton 13 seer air handler

Minimum Circuit Amps for 2 ton air handler with 5kw heat strip [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I currently have a 30Amp breaker on 10 gauge wire for the air handler and heat strip. This was a new install and the local inspector seems to think that 30amps is not enough. I took a picture of the specs and uploaded below. What breaker/wire is needed to be in compliance? Any help is...

Heat strip ina air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Where does the heat strip go in a air handler unit is. It in with the blower system

Air handler seer 10? WIll it be OK with a seer 13 heat pump. [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing our old heat pump... the air handler was replaced 4 years ago and is good condition. Everyone wants us to replace our hole unit and we really don't want to put out that much $$ at this time. Can we just replace the Heat pump? Or do we have to replace both. Everyone says they...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.