Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clumindy182 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Three movies/shows from 70's or 80's
    Lately I have been updating my Amazon wish list with movies from my past and there are a few I can think about but have no clue what they are called.

The first is an animated cartoon that might have been from the 70's but I saw it in the 80's when I was growing up. There were these wood sprites/fairies and a tree. I think it was a willow tree? The tree was dying or someone was stealing energy from it? It was a very dark show. There was one creepy character.

The second was a movie that had little kids playing adult roles. Like it was a detective movie but instead of adults playing a 30 year old person it was a little kid playing that 30 year old person. That's all I remember.

The last one had a young boy as the main character. It was not animated. I want to say something was going to be torn down and it was up to the boy to stop it. He ended up traveling to another realm or something but I remember that the "destruction" was also going to affect this place. I remember there was a troll under a bridge that they boy had to outsmart.

I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 05:58 PM

Your second one could be Bugsy Malone.

Feb 22, 2011, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Purukivel View Post
    Your second one could be Bugsy Malone.
    Thanks, that sounds like it might be it. I found it on Netflix so I will watch it and see if it is.
    Thornberry Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2011, 12:32 PM
    The first could be Willo the Wisp? That's a pure guess, so I could be totally off the reservation on that one as I think its more 1990s, but Google it to see (if not, the other end of the scale could be 'the magic faraway tree'?) If its neither of those two, I'm stumped.

I'm not sure on the second one, but for the last one sounds a lot like a movie that came out a couple of years ago, the Siderwick Chronicles. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416236/

Give them a look up online, hopefully one will hit target. :)

Mar 28, 2011, 03:55 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I finally saw Bugsy Malone and thought it was very entertaining, it wasn't the movie I was thinking of. The movie I remember with all child actors playing adult roles wasn't a time piece like Bugsy Malone. I remember one character, the "bad guy" walking around in a leather jacket. But I'm about to turn 30 and this could have been 25 years ago for all I know! HAHA!

I looked up Willo the Wisp and The Magic Faraway Tree and those weren't what I was thinking. Thanks though.

Yes, I've seen the spiderwick chronicles. All these I'm looking for I saw when I was super little so there really is no telling!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hbo Movies late 70's Early 80's [ 4 Answers ]

A movie about a little boy and a drum

Slasher movies 70's 80's [ 6 Answers ]

There's this slasher film that I wanted to rent a few years ago. The hollywood video at the time had it until 2 years they got rid of them. All I remember was that it had to be around the 70's and early 80's. The cover of the movie had a guy with a hockey mask with a orange jump like a an escaped...

70's or 80's animated movies. Can't find titles. [ 13 Answers ]

One with a boy all in white with a dunce cap shaped hat. Animation in watercolor. Who goes to a strange land where he meets these bouncing busty ladies that were mountains at one point? The animation is very simple and angular. The ladies even have pointy busts! It's very musical; the ladies...

Names of 2 horror movies late 70's-80's [ 4 Answers ]

These 2 have haunting me since I was little when I saw them (and wasn't supposed to). Both were on TV. The first I remember as being in BW, would have been late 70's very early 80's. A woman was being pestered by these little things (? Aliens? Monsters?) in her house. At one point, they tripped...

Animated movies with animals from the 70's / 80's? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a list of them. More specifically, I remember a movie I really liked... it had something like two hedgehogs, foxes, a snake, a mole, too, maybe... and they had to leave their forest due to development... and I can't remember the name at all. But if I remember correctly, they were...

View more questions Search