Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaryannePrato Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Electric floor scrubber or battery operated?
    I'm buying a floor scrubber for stripping and waxing.
    Which is better, battery or electric... The battery operated one I'm looking at is 24 volt.
    Thank you,
    Maryanne
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 10:20 AM

The electric will last far longer than any battery one will.

Do you NEED one that works where you have no electrical outlet? Base your decision on that question.

Feb 22, 2011, 10:32 AM
    No I don't. I was looking at refurbished ones it a nobles 2001 24 volt 3 1/4hp. 20"
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 10:38 AM

If you always have ready access to an a live electrical outlet... you will have a longer service life and less problems than a battery powered unit. And many times they are cheaper as well.

Batteries aren't cheap and they have a certain lifespan. That will up your cost over a number of years, Battery powered equipment are convenient when you would need to have excessively long power cords to reach an outlet... or have to have your own generator. And the only time I would say a battery powered anything has a real advantage.

Take a look at what a replacement Batty pack or battery would cost, how long should it last and... factor that into the price when you compare.

There are situation where the battery powered unit will be an advantage, and others a disadvantage. Decide based on what your actual needs are based on your own experience on the job.

Feb 22, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Than you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prd device on my tritonT80xr electric shower has operated how can I stop it or how do [ 1 Answers ]

Prd devic on my triton T80xr electric shower has operated how can I stop it or how do I replace it?

Name of 90's battery operated game [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a game that I bought my daughter in the early part of the 90's. This game had four sides and plastic balls encased in a plastic dome. Each side was a different color (blue, green, red, and yellow ~ I believe) and had four balls colored the same way. The object of the game was to...

Is there a battery operated heater that don't need gas to run ? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any battery operated heaters that don't need gas to run

Battery operated 220v motor [ 10 Answers ]

Iwould like to see if there is any possible way toget a 220volt motor powered by a series of heavy duty batteries maybe even lithium ion batteries

Setting a battery operated outdoor timer [ 6 Answers ]

I am frustrated in trying to set an automatic outdoor watering timer for several flower pots. I need it to operate twice daily, but can only get it to come on once. Can you instruct me on what I am doing wrong?

View more questions Search