Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ByeBye Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Feb 21, 2011, 01:22 PM
    Should I let him initiate all contact?
    Hi,

It all started with me sending this guy an sms by mistake, and ever since then we have been texting each other a lot! He is my best friend's boyfriend brother, but we only met once two years ago and we live about 600km apart!

At the moment we are only communicating via smses!

I don't want to do anything that would destroy this relationship before it even began, so I am looking for tips!My friends also say I should let him initiate all contact, what do you girls and guys think? I don't want him to think I am not intereted but at the same time I don't want to come across too strong and scare him off?

Please advice and thanks in advance!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 02:01 PM

What is wrong with continuing what you are doing and let the progression if there will be any happen naturally? When you contact each other now who initiates it?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Too early to say, you're only really starting to get to know each other. Just go with the flow to and see where it leads. No need to force anything.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
    I agree with the others, that's how most of these new things start, your texting and talking non stop and its great! You can't get enough of getting to know each other and somehow the conversation never actually ends, you keep texting until someone falls asleep acidently and then next morning pick up where you left off LOL that's the way it was with me and my boyfriend.

Feb 23, 2011, 02:16 AM

Thanks for the advice!

He has initiated most of the communication!

I am going home this weekend, so we have decided to meet and I am so nervous!I just hope I can be myself! Any tips, by the way?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 03:01 AM

I never understood these "games" women played... who cares who initiates contact, as long as the communication happens, right?

Granted, yes, you shouldn't text him every minute, because you really do need to do things other than check your phone all day, but if you feel like saying hi, I think you should.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 09:32 AM

I don't think it is a game played but what women were taught not to do and some women don't feel comfortable doing.

There are no tips to being yourself. Just be yourself. He is probably as nervous as you.

Feb 28, 2011, 11:07 AM

Hi,

So we went on our date and it was really great-just awesome!
    He also officially asked me out and we talked about how we going to make this long distance relationship work and we both committed to making it work and I am really happy!

The problem is because of previous experience I just feel like my bubble of happiness is going to burst and I am scared!

How do I get over this fear?
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 28, 2011, 01:12 PM

You two don't know each other well enough or long enough to commit to anything.
    Just let things flow naturally.
    This is moving really fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does he act interested when we're together but won't initiate contact? [ 2 Answers ]

I met a guy a few months ago at a social gathering. We talked for a long time and hit it of immediately. He shared something's about his lie with me. We kept in contact but the day we we're suppose to go out, I fell asleep. I waited a week to contact him via text and he was very angry. So I didn't...

Was I wrong to initiate the NO CONTACT rule? [ 43 Answers ]

Hi guys... I'm new here... I always read the blogs from this site and there really goood. I decided to sign up because I was motivated by one bloggers story from jimseekinadvice. His story was incredible about overcoming his loved one that broke up with him. So here is my question... I met this...

Initiate Sex [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been seeing this guy for about 6 months and I really like him, the sex is GREAT but he's always initiating sex, because I lost my virginity to him I still feel shy when it comes to that I would love to be able to initiate sex but I just don't have the confidence I don't even know...

Why doesn't he initiate sex? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. He moved into his house a year ago, and shortly after he asked me to move in. Everything in our relationship has been going awesome and we're looking for a house to purchase together and we've talked about marriage. The only petpeeve I have...

Doing NC.Can a woman be too proud to initiate contact? [ 8 Answers ]

I am now in week 7 of NC.We broke up after a stupid argument,my fault.She wouldn't answer my phone calls or reply to my text messages.After a week of this I had to meet her at her job in order to talk to her.Anyway she said I overstepped the mark and that's it.She said she loves me but hates what I...

View more questions Search