Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScooperB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Eviction from Family Home
    Father 89+, 80% blind, dimensia, alcoholic, 50% incapacitated has indicated he has attorney to evict me (and my Mom if she objects) from familay home. I have lived for over ten years, pay rent, utilitis, some food (which I do not partake in), care for house, yard. Mom does not want me out as she need me to help her with him. He wants me out (as above) because I should not have divorced and come to live with them. What action should I (and Mom) take and what should we be aware of to protect and keep stress, frustration to tolerable level. Thanks
    eggcooker Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2007, 02:10 PM
    The best help you can get is going to care-giver classes or meetings. They are offered at hospitals or rest homes. Call around and someone will give you locations. They will give you coping skills.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2007, 07:36 PM
    It is your mother's home too (most likely).

Therefore if she wants you to stay, you can.

Your mother does own he home, right?

Or been married a while? In a community property state?

If you are paying rent, you are at least on a month to month, so they can't just evict you cold turkey.

I don't get something here.

If your father RELIES on your mother to take care of him and your mom doesn't want you to leave, why does your Mom put her foot down and force the issue?

Tell her husband either you stay or SHE is gone?

After 10 years, why does he want you out now? What has changed?

Perhaps he's losing his mind? Perhaps its time to get him declared legally incompetent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Well depending on the state, whose name is on the deed if they own the house, or rental agreement if they rent.

If both your mom and dad own the home together, your dad can not kick you out if your mom says you can stay.

He can of course file for divorce, try to get the house and kick everyone out. But I doubt he would try that.

But older people often don't like to be "taken care" of and will lash out at care givers

What you pay rent, what you pay for food can not stop them from evicting you, you are on a "month to month" rental, so if both mom and dad say to get out, that would be a 30 day notice and they can kick you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Family eviction [ 1 Answers ]

I need answers. My husband and I live with his mother. The trailer is his younger brothers. His younger brother gave the trailer to his mother and left it in his name. She pays all the bills every month. We pay for the food, and sometimes fixing things in the home. We have no written agreement with...

Eviction of family members [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my mother has an apartment with only her name on the lease , problem my sister and niece who are both grown have move in with her ,can I have them remove/evicted without my mothers consent or do I need to talk with the landlord or do I need my mothers consent to do this. Please help me with this...

Family eviction [ 2 Answers ]

My brother & his wife live in a 2 flat owned by my mother, who also lives there. My brother & his wife are getting a divorce and his wife won't leave the apartment. They don't pay rent, they just contribute towards half of the property taxes (in Illinois). Can my mother just throw her out or...

Family eviction [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Oregon and have a 19 year old son, he does not work, parties and is just wasting his life. He steals and lies to me and I want him out of the house. What can I do?

View more questions Search