Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marietia2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 09:25 AM
    Am I making the right decision
    I just ended an 11 month relationship. My now ex-boyfriend and I met at work. We dated and he was a very nice giving man. He provided for me an accepted my son. He transferred to another state with a job promotion. We carried on a Ld relationship for about 5 months. The majority of the time the relationship was good only I felt that he was not wanting exactly what I wanted... and that was to settle down, get married. We would see each other once a month and the visits would be approximately 3-4 days in duration. He was always available and I had no concerns about him seeing others. I was faithful as well.
    Things becan to change in November. I had put in my request to transfer to the same location to where he was. But I was feeling different about the relationship because again he seemed to want to wait on marriage and was not sure if he wanted children. He said " I do not want to put the marriage and family befor the relationship. I felt I was wasting my time.
    I felt I had sacrificed and been loyal enough and I was certain I wanted children..he would say "in time there no rush".
    Overall he treated me well. He asked me and my son to move in with him. I do not feel two people that are not married should live together.
    I would have to say that I did begin to play games because I felt that a new start was just around the corner and if he was not on the same page as me I could find another suitor.
    When I arrived to the new state we had had argument and I blocked his number. I later contacted him and he came over we made up. He also gave me some cash because the move to another state was expensive.
    The next day he came over with his cousin and they moved me into my apartment. He also took me out to dinner.
    There was a few boxes still remaing in my truck; he said that he would come over to finish the job. I got really mad at him cause he came over an hour late and I told him it was over cause I don't feel he appreciates me. But he did come I just did not want to see him..he got off of work late went home cooked dinner and came over.
    I felt that there must be more out here and I could really be happy.
    We got into another argument at his place and he put me out. He wanted me to read a book on relationships called "Don't sweat the small stuff in love"... I got defensive, the argument escalated and he through my purse out in the hall and asked me to leave. But I will say my ex was very mild mannered I believe the arguing was getting to the both of us.
    This was the last straw for me with him.
    He sent two dozen roses to our job, I gave him another chance. I went back hesitantly. My issue with him is he always seemed to want to teach me or show me something...It made me feel like I was incompetent. He never til that moment ever showed any anger. After we made up he said "he does not regret saying what he said but he was wrong in the manner he expressed himself.
    I felt manipulated by him and this turned me off. He was again very nice and giving and open but something was amiss.
    11 days ago, after spending all week with him and things were fine.. I decided to give dating a try. So I sent him a text, stating that I want to try other people and I blocked his number. I just felt we had been through too much.
    While on my date he called me... I told him we had been done and I don't understand why he is calling.. yes I was with him a few days prior but in my mind I had been on my way out for weeks.
    My new beau, is very family orientated, respectful, kind, and wants marriage and children as I do. We have been together from the day we met 11 days ago.. I have keys to his place already. We click very well.
    My question is will this come back to hurt me moving so fast and in the manner I left my last relationship. I feel I am okay and I am ready to love and be love.
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Feb 21, 2011, 12:43 PM
    There is so much I want to say after reading your post, but to break it down;

1) Yes I kind of think you have moved on too fast... However,
    2) I totally understand where your coming from in terms of wanting the same things out of a relationship; Marriage, children - Very very important to feel the same...
    3) Maybe you are really blessed when it comes to finding 'good' solid Men, but my thoughts are, slow down and get to know your new beau before you commit your self; particularly as you have a child to think of also...
    4) Maybe your now ex boyfriend was the 'Teacher' sent to teach you about relationships and honouring your needs (if this is the case, then his mission has been accomplished I'd say. With you moving on and all to someone who does want the same as you in relationships)
    5) If you feel you have made the right decision then be happy with it... Listen to your most pressing thoughts about this and I'd say, there you have your answer as to whether you have made the right choice in this situation.

Good Luck

ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 01:05 PM

You move too fast. Even in this new one. As a guy, a girl that wants to get married and is willing to pick up and move in within a year... I'd actually be really afraid of.

You just met the new guy 11 days ago and he gave you keys to his apartment?? The last girlfriend I gave keys to, I waited about a year or so before I gave her the keys, and I was hesitant about even that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 05:33 PM

WOW! You left a guy after 11 months to get with another guy 11 days later. All to get married and have kids? Yeah I would say that was rather fast, and I don't think you will find a husband that way to be honest. What happens if this new guy isn't ready for marrige next week? Will you dump him too?

I think you will regret your haste.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making the right decision [ 3 Answers ]

I don't now whether I am doing the right thing... I just finished my 12th grade in india and now I want to do my medicine in australia but my father is against it... he is worried about me.. and I can't convince him that I can manage things.. However I also have my fear regarding this matter--...

Accounting for Decision Making [ 1 Answers ]

Is there danger in the decision rule that states always accept any offer that has a positive contribution margin?

Making a decision [ 3 Answers ]

We have a second mortgage on our home. At this time the monthly payment is not allowing us to make payments on other bills. I have done my best to make payments on time but I don't think I will be able to at this point. My question is we own two homes one has been a rental unit for over 15 years...

Making a decision [ 14 Answers ]

Some one explain this to me... Im just having a bad day once again, trying to keep my head up but this one things keeps bothering me. 1 week before we split she wanted to get married and tld me I'm theo nly one for her. We have a son, then a week later we break up and then a weekafter that...

View more questions Search