Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilchiken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 10:13 PM
    What to do for my son's 1st birthday with not many friends or family?
    Hi everyone! OK so my son is turning one in about 3weeks.. I don't have much family or friends around.. I only have one brother and sister in law with a doughter, 4 couples of friends, one with 2 kids.. what can I do for him that everyone will enjoy but wnt be too much for little bit of people? Chuck e cheese won't work because there's not many kids.. n a cook out well we all live about 3hrs away so not all will be able to make it.. plus I don't want his birthday to feel like a normal day.. its his first birthday.. should feel verry special.. I really need help..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 11:08 PM

You do realize his first birthday party is more for you than for him, don't you. He couldn't care less about eating out or gifts or cake.

If I were you, I'd keep it small and very simple (and short). Is there a big enough space at your house to party in -- maybe make a simple meal that everyone will like and serve a decorated cake and ice cream for dessert. Ahead of time, hang up balloons and streamers and have things for the children to do -- a special cartoon DVD to watch -- the library has tons of them -- or have coloring or reading books available (activities will depend on their ages).

Keep it simple. You want your guests to have a good time, and YOU want to be stress free and have a good time. Take lots of pictures too.

The party to really plan for will be when he turns 13.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 11:28 PM

I agree with what WG said. And, don't forget, he's so young he won't remember this birthday anyway.
    mulattomama Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

Mar 23, 2011, 11:28 AM

It's more for you and other family than for him now anyway. I just had a little gathering at my house with food and cake and lots of picture taking. You're building his memories by taking pictures so you can show him later in life. My 3 yr old loves to look at when she was 'little'. You definitely don't need to do anything elaborate or expensive. Simple is best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband's friends get 1st priority? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been married nearly two years. 1.5 years ago, we moved to his home from mine, due to financial troubles. We are now within 1/4 mile of his mom, dad, and sister; then a friend is directly across the street. He spends very little time with his family, including me, but goes over to his friends...

Ungiven birthday gifts to my ex's family [ 10 Answers ]

Story merged Hello all. I'm new and I found this website, and I must say that I am impressed. I have read all of the sticky'd posts and I like what every one has to say. They have really helped me to understand my past few weeks and have helped me get through my difficult time. I want to...

Sons 1st birthday? [ 3 Answers ]

Im thinking on having a swimming party for my sons 1st birthday. Anyone that has done this, how did it go? Any tips?

Is it true that on your birthday in britain, your friends tend to pay everything for [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that on your birthday in britain, your friends tend to pay everything for you if you go for a meal or a drink?

My son's first birthday/1st time mommy :) [ 12 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I thought since I am on here a lot I would show everyone a picture of my son devouring his first cake at his first birthday party :) I have to brag a little, he's my first one!

View more questions Search