Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spunkyjen11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Laptop malfunction after Norton 2007 upgrade download
    Downloaded Norton 2007 upgrade. Worked for two days. Third day computer began to crash. Email scanning messeages began appearing all over screen. Was no longer able to use my internet explorer 7 due to error "msvcrl.dll" missing. Reinstalling program might help. Microsoft was able to resolve issue with Internet explorer 7. Problem is my computer still does not shut down right. Msg. say ccApp not responding end now. My computer cannot startup properly. Msg. says Windows did not startup properly and then gives me different ways to startup computer (ie. Safe mode, normal mode, etc.) I can start in normal mode. Symantec tech told me to uninstall Norton 2007 upgrade to try and solve Expolorer problem. Did not work, but issue is resolved now. Parts of Norton 2007 upgrade are still on my computer and cannot be removed. Cannot reinstall program to then use their program to completely remove it. In fact, I cannot download anything from their website or process any update downloads for my computer. Msg: another program is in the process of installing. Please wait until program is finished and try again later.

My computer is fairly new and is now screwed up. Can you help me with any of these issues?
    vinnybr Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Try doing a restore as a lest resort... make sure the restore point is dated before the date that you installed the Norton 2007 upgrade.
    Start:AllPrograms:Accessories:SystemTools:SystemRe store; select "restore computer to an earlier restore point or earlier time" and follow the prompts.
    Ps: Norton 2007 is so far known as a very "unstable" version of a not very "unstable" software. Consider using another anti-virus software. Check out AVG Free Advisor: Free anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware tools.

Good luck!

Vinny...
    spunkyjen11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkyjen11
    Downloaded Norton 2007 upgrade. Worked for two days. Third day computer began to crash. Email scanning messeages began appearing all over screen. Was no longer able to use my internet explorer 7 due to error "msvcrl.dll" missing. reinstalling program might help. Microsoft was able to resolve issue with Internet explorer 7. Problem is my computer still does not shut down right. Msg. say ccApp not responding end now. My computer cannot startup properly. Msg. says Windows did not startup properly and then gives me different ways to startup computer (ie. safe mode, normal mode, etc.) I can start in normal mode. Symantec tech told me to uninstall Norton 2007 upgrade to try and solve Expolorer problem. Did not work, but issue is resolved now. Parts of Norton 2007 upgrade are still on my computer and cannot be removed. Cannot reinstall program to then use their program to completely remove it. In fact, I cannot download anything from their website or process any update downloads for my computer. Msg: another program is in the process of installing. Please wait until program is finished and try again later.

My computer is fairly new and is now screwed up. Can you help me with any of these issues?
    Thank you for your answer. I did do a restore point which gave me back my internet explorer, but the computer still is not working right. I agree about the 2007 Norton upgrade since it ruined both computers it was installed on. I will be using a different anti-virus software when I get both my computers back up and running again. Thank you again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Norton SystemWorks ruined my laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed Nortons SystemWorks. Well, I say installed, apparently there was an error during installation. For some unfathomable reason the uninstall software is not included on the disk, so I had to download one from the link provided. And thus the problems begin. The download is...

2007 ford mustang gt prem [ 3 Answers ]

Due to the unreliabilty of my 2002 nissan altima 2.5s, the sole reason I got this piece of sh.. I was thinking of purchasing a 2007 ford mustang gt. Does anyone have any experience with the reliabilty of this vehicle?

Southwind V Malfunction [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a Southwind V approximately 2.5 years ago and about one month ago the whole fan/light system stopped working. It does not work with the wall switch or remote control. I checked the electrical panel and the wiring to the fan and everything seems okay there. What else can I do? Yvonne...

View more questions Search