Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jluv1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 04:47 PM
    Met a guy 2 months ago.
    I met this guy 2 months ago, he moved in with me about 3 weeks ago.We fell in love right away I have 3 kids of my own and he has one child but doesn't see him because of personal issues with his ex... now after living together he says that it's a little hard for him since he's never been in a relationship like this.. it's his first time.. but we love each other.He is trying his best to adapt to the relationship and my three kids which he love very much.What should I do for this relationship to stay strong and not fall apart.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 05:00 PM
    You met a guy 2 months ago and already he has been living with you for three weeks. If I did my math correctly you dated a guy for 5 weeks and moved him in with your 3 kids. Not smart. Also the man has nothing to do with his own child. I would think twice about this living arrangement. You are already concerned and you should be. Move him out and build your relationship with him on a slower pace. Think about your children 1st.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 20, 2011, 06:50 PM
    We fell in love right away. But we love each other. My 3 kids, which he loves very much.

None of this is love this soon, it's infatuation and romance. Love comes only with TIME.

You aren't giving us one clue what might be wrong, but I'm going to guess: he doesn't 'love' having 3 instant children who aren't his own nearly as much as he says he does, and as the romance fades a little bit, and he's expected to help out, and the kids are running around and needing things and spilling soda and changing the channels, he's starting to wonder if it's all worth it to have you.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2011, 07:02 PM

What I'm having a hard time understanding is, how you barely know this guy (trust me, NO matter what, even if you spent 24/7 with this guy for 5 weeks, you STILL barely know him) and you brought him into your home... with your children.

I know you obviously must think he's a nice guy and all, but... moving in after 5 weeks is absurdly fast, especially to put your children in that situation. If they're older, then I'm mistaken and I apologize. But all of a sudden, your children barely know this guy and they now have another authoritative/father figure in the house. That's got to be very confusing for them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 07:35 PM

Move him back out, and slow this train down. WAY DOWN. How old are you, and your kids? Seldom is there instant success when you move this fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We met 8 months ago, live together says were just friends [ 6 Answers ]

We had met 8 months ago, have been living together about 3 weeks after we met, we do everything that couples do, says that he care about me, and says he and I are only friends? I don't understand what he and I are doing here!

I have a crush on a guy moved four months ago. I'm in love. What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm pretty darn sure I'm in love with a guy, Cody, who moved months ago. I don't want to let go. I don't think I have that possibility or anything. What the heck do I do?

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

I met a guy online about a year ago . [ 7 Answers ]

I have a? I met a guy online about a year ago and we were both in relationships and I did the big girl thing and stopped talking to him. Delt with my issues. Now I am single I looked him up and he is still in this relationship and has admitted to having several affairs since I stopped talking to...

View more questions Search