Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shlagrees Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 02:44 PM
    Dog health issues
    My 8 year old mix - ****zu/Pitbull had not been eating for approx 4 days. She is drinking fine and is energetic. She deficated 2 days ago - not solid and not liquid very dark. My 14 year old ****zu/poodle had the same and is now eating and drinking just fine. Would the 8 year olds lack of sooner recovery have anything to do with her breed?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2011, 07:18 PM

Dark stools should always be seen to by your vet. A dark stool can often be an indication of old blood. A problem close to the dogs anus will produce bright red blood, but a problem further up their system will result in very dark blood, showing as dark stools.

Take a fresh sample in to your vet as soon as possible. Just get a specimen jar from your local chemist/pharmacy or your vets office.
    shlagrees Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Dark stools should always be seen to by your vet. A dark stool can often be an indication of old blood. A problem close to the dogs anus will produce bright red blood, but a problem further up their system will result in very dark blood, showing as dark stools.

Take a fresh sample in to your vet as soon as possible. Just get a specimen jar from your local chemist/pharmacy or your vets office.
    Thank you the vet appointment is at 11:30 on Tuesday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health considerations with shaved samoyed dog? Also how to introduce a dog to a cat? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to adopt a 2 and a half to 3 year old samoyed from a shelter. He was neglected and when his neighbours took him to the shleter his fur was matted so they had to cut out all the tangles (he isn't bald he just has fairly short fur). I was just wondering if there could be any health issues...

Health considerations with shaved samoyed dog? Also how to introduce a dog to a cat? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm about to adopt a 2 and a half to 3 year old samoyed from a shelter. He was neglected and when his neighbours took him to the shleter his fur was matted so they had to cut out all the tangles (he isn't bald he just has fairly short fur). I was just wondering if there could be any health issues...

Health issues. [ 2 Answers ]

It started about two months ago. Waking up from sleep gasping for air and blood pressure and pulse rate would be high. Lost almost 20 pounds... Also the past week these episodes of shortness of breath and racing heart has been happening more frequently. Today I was at work. Was not...

Dog Health issues [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 year male daschund has been bleeding from his penis. He doesn't seem to have any issues with urinating. Should I be concerned?

Health Issues [ 2 Answers ]

What do you think are some of the most pressing health issues facing teens today?

View more questions Search